Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2nd Annual WKC Chicago meet up  (Read 64904 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: 2nd Annual WKC Chicago meet up
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2014, 03:06:40 PM »
Hey Guys....looks like we are going to have to change the plans for this meet-up due to the weather forecast.   They are calling for heavy rain overnight and into the morning, with more storms and heavy rain in the afternoon and evening.  I talked to Brian and he thought it best to re-schedule rather than have everyone come (including the out of towners) only to have a miserable time and not even be able to cook with all the rain.  The date we have selected is Saturday, August 2nd, with the following Saturday, (the 9th) as a fall back date. 
I'm hoping this doesn't affect too many of you to be able to come on the 2nd.  Hopefully you'll all be able to still come, and those that couldn't make the 12th...can now attend the new date.

Brian had some really unique door prizes, but I'll let him elaborate on that more later.

More to come later from Brian guys.  Sorry.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2014, 03:39:52 PM »
Understood, and I'll try to make it back for the fun, but it's going to be tight as I'll just be settling in to my new digs in Odenton, MD. Someone will have to step up into the photojournalist role. Maybe Gummi will find his way back that weekend?

A least I can have leftover pulled pork (from the 4th bash in PA) for diner tonight!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2014, 03:47:28 PM »
August 2 works for me. 9th, not so much.
kettles, smokers...

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2014, 04:00:30 PM »
Understood, and I'll try to make it back for the fun, but it's going to be tight as I'll just be settling in to my new digs in Odenton, MD. Someone will have to step up into the photojournalist role. Maybe Gummi will find his way back that weekend?

A least I can have leftover pulled pork (from the 4th bash in PA) for diner tonight!

Thanks for offering to fly me out, Marty. Please send the funds to my paypal account and I will be glad to take those pictures for you.  :D
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2014, 06:50:48 AM »
So if there is any confusion the meet up has been washed out in Chicago today, but it has been rescheduled for Aug 2nd. 
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2014, 10:48:12 AM »
I feel like I need to do an update.....

I felt so bad that the last one got washed out, that I dug deep into the vaults and came up with two more grills to give away as door prizes.  There will be a mini smoker that I made, it's pretty nice, a jumbo, that I will have a custom wood handle for and the 26 Chief.  Here are a few pictures....

These are leaving my yard on Aug 2!  Some come on by and see if it's you that will be lucky....

Aside form the door prizes I have it on good authority that there will be at least 7 Wood Dales on display, as well as at least 30 other classic Webers....if you live close I hope you can make it.  If you live far....I hope you can make it.  Everyone is welcome, it's in two weeks.  If it rains this time bring your rain coat, we will make the best of it

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2014, 02:17:23 PM »
I'm excited to try this again...without tornadoes and monsoons...nice giveaways there buddy! What time are we shooting for?
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »
I may try an upside down cake...peach or pineapple, not sure yet. My also do some jalapeno poppers.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2014, 03:15:36 PM »
I may try an upside down cake...peach or pineapple, not sure yet. My also do some jalapeno poppers.

Both items are rapidly becoming traditional favorites for meetups.............. 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2014, 07:26:10 PM »
Maybe 1:00? 

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2014, 06:17:41 AM »
The bigger question...what time will we be going till?
Kettle collector AND cooker!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2014, 07:48:28 AM »
Awesome door prizes. Like that the HC is undercover staying clean!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2014, 06:57:26 PM »
HC is as clean as the day I got it....maybe someone can cook on it at the meet up....

Brickout

• WKC Brave
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2014, 08:11:56 PM »
I'll be there and I'm pretty sure I'm making doinks to cook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »
Great, I have at least 30 grills to cook on.  From Wood Dales to a brand new copper one touch I just got.  I have 18s" to 26ers, performers an old Seville, rotisseries even one for the 26", got an old ranch.  Please come and cook on this stuff.  I have a particular 18 than needs to be cooked on...it will be another chapter in a story that's at least 50 years old...I don't have too many that I just won't cook on.   A few but not many.....
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:46:06 AM by zavod44 »