Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need a SS performer measurement please  (Read 985 times)

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
Need a SS performer measurement please
« on: April 23, 2014, 05:39:00 AM »
Would someone mind dropping a tape measure across their SS performer and giving me a number?  I need the width between the top frame rails.  Shown below.

The top frame of the SS performer I picked up last weekend is pretty much shot.  The main frame rails and tabs are in good shape, but the perpendicular sheet metal pieces that support both sides the charcoal bin, starter button panel, and the table top are rotted out beyond use.  Long story short, I have the capability to make new pieces from bare sheet metal and weld them in as replacements.  All I need is the correct width between the rails so I can cut them to the correct length.  Can anyone help me out?

PS.....I'll make sure to take pics  ;D
-Keith

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Need a SS performer measurement please
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 06:19:40 AM »
Check your inbox, I sent you a message.  AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:34:36 AM »
Those top frames might be still available at Weber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 08:04:25 AM »
Those top frames might be still available at Weber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure they are.  I never called Weber, but Ereplacementparts has them listed at near $70 plus shipping.  That is more than I paid for the whole grill.  I have access to all the sheet metal I need, plus a fully equipped machine shop to properly cut and bend it.  I thought it would be a fun project to fix it myself (for no cost other than my time).

AJ hooked me up with what I needed.  Thank you.
-Keith