Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill table and lid support  (Read 11906 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Grill table and lid support
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 10:08:06 PM »
Keep 'em coming!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

mokanpy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 06:33:15 AM »
I wanted to raise my cooking surface to about 36" (I'm 6'3"), as well as make a portable prep table for tailgating events. I saw some table designs here and on a google search-

Made from 2x3 for strength and weight, it features Kreg joints.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 06:40:43 AM »
Looks good, mokanpy. Work pretty well for you?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 07:09:41 AM »
Deleted....

Thought that we were still in design phase.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 11:33:38 AM by DirectDrive »

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 09:39:44 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:31:33 PM by Mark Schnell »

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »
Other than that, I love it !

;D

Really, DirectDrive? Are you buddies with, Mokanpy, and were just busting his chops? If not, the smiley face at the bottom wasn't enough for the pretty heavy critique here.

Who's to say what bassackwards is, or what "needs" to be done? Bottom line - if it works for the dude than it works. He built something with his own hands, it works, and it looks pretty great. And, because there is no lid bail on the grill there is no side or rear of the kettle. The working surface is wherever he wants to stand while grilling.

Great work, Mokanpy. Keep grilling, and welcome to the WKC!!  I might just use a few of your design concepts to build one of these myself. I like the taller arrangement, it looks a little like the Performer Silver setup, as far as shape goes. ;D

I took it as something he found on the internet for a design idea.
I'm a carpenter by trade and only meant to help with the design.
I hope that is correct because I would have only offered encouragement instead of putting a giant construction boot in my mouth.

:o

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 10:45:26 AM »
Ah, yes, in that light your tone makes perfect sense.  :) I read it that he found ideas here and on Google and then showed us what he had done, but maybe you're right.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 04:54:29 PM »
It's a little unorthodox perhaps compared to what we're used to, but not an unreasonable design, and I can see how it would work OK. And yeah, we can see that even the side areas around the kettle are being put to use.

I'm no carpenter, and for all we know Mokanpy may be. Raise your hand, dear readers, if you had to Google as I did, "Krebs". It's clever and obviously well-made, in my opinion. I read DD's critique before he deleted it and shared a few of the same opinions but all I really wanted to know is if Mokanpy liked it.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mokanpy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 07:05:14 AM »
I missed the "critique". Please enlighten me.

SlickedBack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2014, 01:07:12 PM »
I think it was deleted.

Not really sure how this message gets sent.