Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Last Chance Parts Alert  (Read 2038 times)

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
Last Chance Parts Alert
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:46:16 AM »
90720 SS H-drive $21.00 (discontinued)
http://www.allpartsgrills.com/ecommerce/weber-charcoal-grill-cleaning-blade-kit.html

80624 Lower Cooking Grate 18.5 WSM $17.40 (old price)
http://www.allpartsgrills.com/ecommerce/lower-cooking-grid.html

I have rec'd these parts and can confirm that there are as described.
Shipping was fast....good supplier.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:15:18 AM by DirectDrive »

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
Re: Last Chance Parts Alert
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 09:56:27 AM »
So the H style ash sweeper here fits the old SS performers too? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 10:15:38 AM »
The only way the newer H drive one touch's work is with the newer ash bucket and ring.
If you have one of the last SS's made, it may have come from the factory that way, otherwise the leg sockets aren't set up for them.

Many people have attached the newer buckets to an older bowl using various methods.
Those range from hose clamps to screwing them to either the leg socket or the leg itself.

But, yeah, all OT bowls are basically the same..  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »
The only way the newer H drive one touch's work is with the newer ash bucket and ring.
If you have one of the last SS's made, it may have come from the factory that way, otherwise the leg sockets aren't set up for them.

Many people have attached the newer buckets to an older bowl using various methods.
Those range from hose clamps to screwing them to either the leg socket or the leg itself.

But, yeah, all OT bowls are basically the same..  8)
Spot on ^^^

The H drive and 2nd generation ash catcher ring is plug-n-play onto a later model OTS.
Not sure what year the 2nd gen ash catcher ring started.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
Last Chance Parts Alert
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »
I misunderstood the original post by DirectDrive. I read his post and was under the impression that there was another H drive sweeper that was also compatible with the SS performers with the old style ash catcher.

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 02:10:25 PM »
I misunderstood the original post by DirectDrive. I read his post and was under the impression that there was another H drive sweeper that was also compatible with the SS performers with the old style ash catcher.

Correct, the "SS" in my OP was in reference to the actual ash sweeper parts only.
No reference to SS Performer.
Now, the current replacement kit comes with aluminized steel sweeper petals, not SS sweeper petals as per my old part number in the OP.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 02:55:56 PM »
Weber is getting real cheap on their quality and prices are going higher!
 8)

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »

Correct, the "SS" in my OP was in reference to the actual ash sweeper parts only.
Now, the current replacement kit comes with aluminized steel sweeper petals, not SS sweeper petals as per my old part number in the OP.

Thanks for the clarification. I never knew the ash sweeper was made of SS in their early years.  I simply thought your reference to SS in your original post was to SS performers. Thanks for the info.

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 06:28:48 PM »

Thanks for the clarification. I never knew the ash sweeper was made of SS in their early years.  I simply thought your reference to SS in your original post was to SS performers. Thanks for the info.

Yep, 90720 is a good piece of kit.
Grab one if you ever think you might need one.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 07:36:01 PM »

The early years were not SS, around 2005 or so.. And now they are no longer SS..
 8)