Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shorty Midget mod thread  (Read 22370 times)

bluewhisper

• Smokey Joe
    • Alex Šilbajoris
Re: Shorty Midget mod thread
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2018, 05:21:23 AM »
I cut some legs for a 22, using 3/4" steel conduit. So DaWeber has a Lowboy version, intended to be at elbow height for someone sitting in a chair, like an end table to a sofa. In this version, the kettle rim is 21 inches off the ground.

Hm, I still have the tube cutter and the store still has conduit in 120-inch lengths and 120 is divisible by 3. Thus I have the StratoKettle variant which stands at bar height. It works as a nice height for people standing around; you don't have to stoop down to it. It kind of looks like some 1960s satellite.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2018, 11:20:40 AM »
Bought this NIB, for cheap, just to pilfer the parts.  Chromed triangle, wheels, legs, grates, & old style ash assembly all went to other projects.  Since I had a ton of spare parts, I decided to make an upgraded replacement for my original Midget.  A little fabricating, a trip to the powdercoater, and a few minutes for assembly led to:

Modded a “sand shoe” for the front leg, just in case my fat ass wanted to take it to the beach. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Performer
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2018, 11:30:29 AM »
@brewtownbeatdown or maybe grill closer to the snow !! She looks good
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2018, 12:08:01 PM »
@brewtownbeatdown or maybe grill closer to the snow !! She looks good
Thx.  Who needs a plow, snowblower, or shovels when you got a Midget kettle rolling smoke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk