Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Updated 5/23: My 1st Weber Gasser, help with ID - Finished Pics added  (Read 2635 times)

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Thanks very much guys. I'm finding a quality gasser can be a nice distraction from charcoal every now and then. I grilled up a couple  of cap-on sirloins last night for dinner. It was a first time for these for me and I learned a big lesson - you need to remove a lot of the fat cap before grilling or you'll have a fire. I won't make that mistake again, I killed one of my temp probes lol.

Redhead gassers have the same color change as kettles.

DOTS monitor the ITs, perfect slots in the side of the cook chamber for the wires.

128* gave nice, rare meat.

Lots of beef flavor and very tender.
On the search for: Aristocrat, Ambassador, MLH Statesman, looker Yellow 22, MBH 'Cado 18, most anything rare :)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Nice cook.  Good gassers really do rock, I don't care what the "purists" say.  No muss, no fuss.   Open the tank valve, crank the knobs, fire the ignitor and in less than 10 minutes (probably 5), you're cooking.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Performer
Updated 5/23: My 1st Weber Gasser, help with ID - Finished Pics added
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2018, 06:20:36 AM »
Great looking plate and grill!  It looks like your old genny gets a lot hotter than my little 2 burner old spirit. Thatís one thing Iíve been disappointed about.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Great looking plate and grill!  It looks like your old genny gets a lot hotter than my little 2 burner old spirit. Thatís one thing Iíve been disappointed about.

It does get pretty hot. This was after about 7 minutes. I'm guessing 650+ degrees.

On the search for: Aristocrat, Ambassador, MLH Statesman, looker Yellow 22, MBH 'Cado 18, most anything rare :)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Performer

It does get pretty hot. This was after about 7 minutes. I'm guessing 650+ degrees.

Yeah I can leave mine on high for 20 minutes and the hottest it gets is 550. The second I start opening the lid and using it, it cooks around the 400-450 range.  Not bad but not nearly as hot as I would like. Itís hard to get a good sear.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Brave
Looks like the Genesis debuted in Ď85. Give this a read.... https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/behind-the-grill/class-of85-the-creators-of-the-genesis/weber-30515.html

@SixZeroFour @LightningBoldtz  - can either of you help us out pinpointing the age of this Genesis?

Sent from my brain using Mind Bullets! (thatís Telekinesis, Kyle)...
I believe a call to Weber with the serial number can reveal the year.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
I believe a call to Weber with the serial number can reveal the year.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I emailed it to Weber CS and they said between '85 and '92. I found a stamp in the cook box showing 1987.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Nice cook!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

jimbo7070

• Smokey Joe

The serial number is also on the top right of the manual. Does this number match the āL3...Ď one you found?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ

The serial number is also on the top right of the manual. Does this number match the āL3...Ď one you found?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Yep, same # as the tag on the frame. I'm still waiting to get it from my nephew, but they sent me this pic.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
That came out beautiful!
-JC

XRichard23

• Smokey Joe
Re: Updated 5/23: My 1st Weber Gasser, help with ID - Finished Pics added
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2018, 08:56:53 PM »
Man thatís gorgeous. Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Own: 22" Blue Platinum, Blue Performer 2nd Gen, 22" Blue OTS, 22" Blue OTG, 22Ē Black OTS; 22Ē Black OTG;
ISO: Blue 18Ē