Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Summit gasser $100  (Read 1004 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Turnpike Stadium

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber Summit gasser $100
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 04:32:08 AM »
Saw that and sent an email. I really like it. The only thing making me think twice is converting it back to propane. Anyone have any experience with this process?

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:26:23 AM »
I'd probably be trying to buy it if closer. With any luck, the owner saved the old parts. Weber won't sell them to you any more but I understand that third party vendors will sell the required parts.

AFAIK what you need is the regulator and hose to attach to the propane tank and orifices for each burner. It is possible that the Weber conversion kit included the entire manifold with orifices installed. It is also possible that a full line propane dealer might be able to source the orifices. There is some discussion of the conversion here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/house/136745-converting-natural-gas-grill-into-propane.html

Since the grill was originally propane, Weber might sell you the parts since they won't consider it a conversion.
kettles, smokers...

etruax

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 06:39:54 AM »
I considered this grill but the conversion was an unknown.  There is a six burner with smoker box also in Dallas for an asking price of $250.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 08:23:35 AM »
I think conversion is 4 orfices, a hose and regulator, and a tank scale.  Should take 1/2 hour to 45 mins.  Let me know if you get this, I might be able to help with parts. 

Turnpike Stadium

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 10:58:31 AM »
I considered this grill but the conversion was an unknown.  There is a six burner with smoker box also in Dallas for an asking price of $250.

Where did you see the link to this one at?

etruax

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 06:37:22 PM »
Same grill for $250 posted two days earlier.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/for/3705875236.html