Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Plum 18.5 OTG with Wood Handles in Chicagoland area  (Read 701 times)

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
Plum 18.5 OTG with Wood Handles in Chicagoland area
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:41:08 AM »
There is a VERY clean Plum 18.5 OTG with what look to be original wood handles on Chicagoland FB Marketplace.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2070430969920471/

magic mike

• WKC Brave
Re: Plum 18.5 OTG with Wood Handles in Chicagoland area
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 05:59:49 PM »
That.is.beautiful!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 06:28:14 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Yellow 22"(The Gourmet), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Walchit

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 08:55:38 PM »
Very nice!

getlego

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 12:08:30 AM »
That is a nice looking grill. Ive seen this fella sell a few other things with wood handles.

A recent performer had the full set of wood handles with rollers. Makes me think this guy is part of WKC.

Anyway I almost jumped on this grill but I noticed the top damper has been cleaned up with what looks like a rotary gasket cleaner.

Im not knocking it or saying that was his method but it caught me off guard. It IS a very nice looking grill. Id just like to know the story behind the ground down damper. I dont even think the date code is visible anymore.

Please nobody be offended but it doesnt make sense to me. Is there a story here ? I dont know.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Walchit

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 02:25:16 AM »
I started to use a wire wheel on my old redhead I got with my first batch of webers. It was making it look really nice, then I noticed it was taking out some of the letters so I stopped. I cleaned one with steel wool for about 2 hours the other day.

DaveG74

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 06:08:40 AM »
I posted this same grill in this sub forum on July 29th, it was 120$ then, interesting.
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

Walchit

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 06:57:02 AM »
Is it 130 now? Lol usually you drop the price when it doesn't sell.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 07:27:01 AM »
Personally, I think it is helpful when people point out something they noticed.  Anyone interested can inspect it & see if they agree or disagree with you.  The only one who might get offended is the seller &, if they are a member, they can always explain what happened, provide better pictures or whatever.   

That is a nice looking grill. Ive seen this fella sell a few other things with wood handles.

A recent performer had the full set of wood handles with rollers. Makes me think this guy is part of WKC.

Anyway I almost jumped on this grill but I noticed the top damper has been cleaned up with what looks like a rotary gasket cleaner.

Im not knocking it or saying that was his method but it caught me off guard. It IS a very nice looking grill. Id just like to know the story behind the ground down damper. I dont even think the date code is visible anymore.

Please nobody be offended but it doesnt make sense to me. Is there a story here ? I dont know.

regards,
Hal

getlego

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 09:27:25 PM »
Here is a pic from OfferUp of the grill for sale. It is currently listed for $100

You guys can zoom in and see what I mean about the damper.

In my opinion it doesnt ruin the grill at all but I cannot tell if this was an original wood handle grill.

In the sellers defense hes not advertising it as anything else but what you see in the photos. I just think it is what it is.

Wood handles are probably worth 10-20 bucks each so its a nice deal for someone looking for a plum.

Just my stupid opinion. 

DaveG74

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 07:35:48 AM »
Personally, I think it is helpful when people point out something they noticed.  Anyone interested can inspect it & see if they agree or disagree with you.  The only one who might get offended is the seller &, if they are a member, they can always explain what happened, provide better pictures or whatever.   

Absolutely, I didn't even notice until it was pointed out.
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 10:50:02 AM »
How/why is this 18.5 Plum OTG still available?  I would gladly throw down a Benjamin for this sweet little cooker. 

Walchit

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 01:25:38 PM »
If it were in my area he would be getting low ball offers from me!

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 08:27:38 AM »
How/why is this 18.5 Plum OTG still available?  I would gladly throw down a Benjamin for this sweet little cooker. 

Because he is an ass that is turning down offers for his asking plus shipping and nudging the price up as offers come in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

Walchit

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 08:42:07 AM »
He turned it into his own version of eBay! Lol what a bunghole.