Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Agent  (Read 777 times)

NMETL_Tony

• Smokey Joe
Agent
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:15:33 AM »
Can anyone explain how the agent process works? 

inkaddictedchef1

• Smokey Joe
Re: Agent
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 06:25:10 AM »
+1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:30:00 AM »
I am sure that some others with more agenting knowledge than I have will chime in, but here is my $0.02.

When party A finds an advertisement for an item outside of their geographical area, party A would request that someone willing to act as an "agent" in that area.
If party B agrees to be that agent, then A informs B of the item and how much money he is willing to offer.
B makes contact with the seller, purchases the item, and then aranges shipping the item to party A.

Parties A and B will need to have a plan for the the exchange of money between them. This is usually handled through PayPal, but Venmo and Square Cash work also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:43:03 AM by jcnaz »
-JC

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 06:36:22 AM »
Newly added to the Glossary at the top of the main forum:  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/wkc-glossary-2017/

Agent   An Agent is a club member who will assist with the purchase and/or shipping of a kettle or other items of interest picked up by another member who is remote from the seller's area. If a kettle of interest is spotted by a member, he or she can post "agent needed" with details of what is being sought with the hope that a local member will be able to collect the prize and deliver it to it's future home. Beyond kettle karma for the agent, a buyer could offer gas money, cash, grilling items of interest, or simply good will to the agent. Paying it forward is always welcome, and those who are assisted by an agent should be willing to agent for others in the future.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:38:38 AM by 56MPG »
On hiatus.

NMETL_Tony

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 06:48:47 AM »
Thanks 56mpg/jcnaz...

Had I known about this "program" I think my inventory would have increase by about 6 kettles by now...

Tony.

Newly added to the Glossary at the top of the main forum:  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/wkc-glossary-2017/

Agent   An Agent is a club member who will assist with the purchase and/or shipping of a kettle or other items of interest picked up by another member who is remote from the seller's area. If a kettle of interest is spotted by a member, he or she can post "agent needed" with details of what is being sought with the hope that a local member will be able to collect the prize and deliver it to it's future home. Beyond kettle karma for the agent, a buyer could offer gas money, cash, grilling items of interest, or simply good will to the agent. Paying it forward is always welcome, and those who are assisted by an agent should be willing to agent for others in the future.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 08:25:52 AM »
What sucks is when someone finds something in your area (like a weber firepit new in the box about 2 years ago) and reaches out to you.  LOL.  I had this happen, and it was right at a time where I wasn't regularly checking craigslist for fire pits.  Hopefully weber fire pit karma will come my way!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

NMETL_Tony

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 11:15:46 AM »
Yeah, THAT would suck, but I would have to grit my teeth and digress.  I believe in Karma, so I stay on the up and up.

What sucks is when someone finds something in your area (like a weber firepit new in the box about 2 years ago) and reaches out to you.  LOL.  I had this happen, and it was right at a time where I wasn't regularly checking craigslist for fire pits.  Hopefully weber fire pit karma will come my way!

james1787

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 12:18:46 PM »
I've been an agent a couple of times now, and I'm always happy to help. In one case, picked up the kettle and shipped it. The person refunded me via paypal. The other time I picked up the kettle and held it for them and they picked it up in the next week or so when they were passing through and paid me when they picked it up. Both transactions worked out great and I was glad to help another member get a grill they wanted! I almost picked up one or two other grills including a Ranch but unfortunately the grills went fast and were long gone.

So yeah, pretty much the agent helps with securing a sale when the buyer is outside the geographical area at the time for whatever reason and needs assistance to get the grill safely secured.
22.5" faded black MBH, 22.5" Avocado "patent pending", 18.5" red "patent pending", 2014 lime SJ

NMETL_Tony

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 12:27:23 PM »
Thanks James for that valuable input.

I've been an agent a couple of times now, and I'm always happy to help. In one case, picked up the kettle and shipped it. The person refunded me via paypal. The other time I picked up the kettle and held it for them and they picked it up in the next week or so when they were passing through and paid me when they picked it up. Both transactions worked out great and I was glad to help another member get a grill they wanted! I almost picked up one or two other grills including a Ranch but unfortunately the grills went fast and were long gone.

So yeah, pretty much the agent helps with securing a sale when the buyer is outside the geographical area at the time for whatever reason and needs assistance to get the grill safely secured.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 01:19:01 AM »
Beware as well. I've had people on here twice reach out to me about helping.
Once the information was given, I never heard from them. Oh yeah, the grills were gone after that.
I'm trying one last time for a score in Detroit.
If this doesn't work out I won't be asking or posting for one again.
The one time it did work out, I gave that member the grill and everything that came with it. It was a free plum 18.
Hopefully I will hear back from person who contacted me.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 03:18:25 AM »
Do a little homework when reaching out for an agent.  Search their previous posts for past interactions.  Try to stick with familiar names.  Use good judgement.

The fun really begins when you start making solid connections with other grillfellas and start helping one another by agenting/trading.

I encourage the newer members to be catalysts of kettle karma and good things will happen.  I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

NMETL_Tony

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 05:14:49 AM »
I hope to get to that point on here with the group.  Thanks COHo

Do a little homework when reaching out for an agent.  Search their previous posts for past interactions.  Try to stick with familiar names.  Use good judgement.

The fun really begins when you start making solid connections with other grillfellas and start helping one another by agenting/trading.

I encourage the newer members to be catalysts of kettle karma and good things will happen.  I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

NMETL_Tony

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 05:17:58 AM »
WOW,

I am actually surprised to hear negative stories in such a small group. 

Once the information was given, I never heard from them. Oh yeah, the grills were gone after that.
The one time it did work out, I gave that member the grill and everything that came with it. It was a free plum 18.

Mkrause

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 08:32:48 AM »
I hope you don't assume that once a member gets the details of what you're trying to acquire, and it doesn't work out, that they must have been the one to swoop in for your deal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 08:41:55 AM »
Use the member location map. It will help you find a member close to your item
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 22 brick red OTP. Plum SS. black SS. chocolate G-code 18 Imperial cart. F-code brownie 22. Mastertouch:plum,blue,red. Simpsons OTG, SJ. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.