Weber Kettle Club Forums

What's Going On => Website Issues & Suggestions => Topic started by: LightningBoldtz on August 09, 2013, 05:59:44 AM

Title: Introduce Yourself (sticky post)
Post by: LightningBoldtz on August 09, 2013, 05:59:44 AM
Can I offer the suggestion of a sticky post that has a list of members who want to posted themselves, maybe a pic, some content about themselves, their pit, whatever?  You don't need to post a pic, you can simply show your pit, or whatever.
Additionally this post would not have replies to posts to clutter the listing, just a listing of members and some info almost like a directory. Something that newer members can look at to see who's who on the site.

What do you think?
Title: Re: Introduce Yourself (sticky post)
Post by: pbe gummi bear on August 11, 2013, 07:10:41 PM
Hey LB, this is interesting. I don't know what the current forum supports. Other forums have galleries where members can upload pics but the WKC doesn't have storage for members, to my knowledge.

The where is everyone and show your pit thread is kinda close though.
Post by: LightningBoldtz on August 12, 2013, 06:21:26 AM
right, we have posts that have this data but it gets buried, I was looking to maybe creating a post that would be like a catalog,  maybe we could put a link in our signatures to that post?  IDK
Post by: Hogsy on August 13, 2013, 02:52:56 AM
I like the idea but I think it needs to be simple to navigate
Especially considering the amount of registered members
Maybe as soon as someone registers there name could go straight into the database
All members in alphabetical order
And page with two or three columns

Name                           Town/City

This would make it quick and easy to navigate as time is precious after a CL find
While I'm here the only other thing I'd change on the layout of the forum is where the Logout tab is located
I use my iphone 95% of the time when viewing the forum and find that my stubby fingers hit the logout button regularly when trying to return to the main forum page , so I have to login again
I know its a real first world problem but I thought I'd mention it