Weber Kettle Club Forums

What's Going On => Website Issues & Suggestions => Topic started by: Red Kettle Rich on July 26, 2013, 11:54:30 AM

Title: I propose a new forum
Post by: Red Kettle Rich on July 26, 2013, 11:54:30 AM
We have the "Trading Post" forum that IMHO is for serious Weber stuff.  I think we should also have a "Silly Trading Post" for Hank Hill Grills, 4-legger kettles and such. 8)
Title: Re: I propose a new forum
Post by: G$ on July 26, 2013, 12:05:34 PM
Please, no.
Post by: Red Kettle Rich on July 26, 2013, 12:18:04 PM
Please, no.
Would you prefer them mixed into Trading Post?  Let me remind you, you don't have to look at the "Stupid Stuff For Sale" forum 8)
Post by: G$ on July 26, 2013, 12:29:31 PM
I love the stupid stuff.  I post half of it, and AJ posts the rest, although I don't think it is intentional on his part.
 :P
Post by: LightningBoldtz on July 26, 2013, 12:41:55 PM
We also need to put in the city that they are located in and the price in the title.  Any variation will be modified or deleted.   Noooo let's not revisit last year.
Post by: G$ on July 26, 2013, 12:43:50 PM
Thank You!
Post by: pbe gummi bear on July 26, 2013, 12:53:07 PM
You could start a stupid CL ad of the day and see if stays popular.
Post by: zavod44 on July 26, 2013, 01:06:19 PM
Dumb grills stay in with the trading Post.  It's one if the pillars in which this forum was created.  No dates, no price, no locations, trading post lurkers beware... it's such a great feeling too be duped when you see redhead for sale, then you open it and it's a charbroil that fell off of a semi...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Post by: G$ on July 26, 2013, 01:17:38 PM
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/you-won't-see-this-on-the-other-sites/ (http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/you-won't-see-this-on-the-other-sites/)

It's called history.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/interesting/ (http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/interesting/)

I still laugh.  Time to go check out the "Structo Cooking Tray Club" and see how they are getting along these days.
Post by: pbe gummi bear on July 26, 2013, 02:33:38 PM
Speaking of which, does this belong in our serious weber forum?

http://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
Post by: G$ on July 26, 2013, 02:41:15 PM
Wait, can I "un thank" somebody.  You should never thank a RickRoll.
Post by: Big B on July 26, 2013, 04:43:31 PM
Crap Gummi!......lol......that was good for laugh, to funny
Awesome;D

Brent

Title: I propose a new forum
Post by: Ted B on July 26, 2013, 04:48:50 PM
Wtf. How was that ever cool?  Oh wait. That's pretty much as cool as this dumbass white guy. Lol. Thanks gummi. Needed that after a busy week.
Post by: zavod44 on July 26, 2013, 09:05:49 PM
Rick Astley is an asshole.....put that down as your tagline Buckie....
Post by: 1buckie on July 26, 2013, 09:10:20 PM

I'm temporarily out of room.....closely akin to the current possible PM dilemma we may or may not be having..........you might be able to squeeze it in, maybe......who is Rick Astley anyway?
Post by: 1buckie on July 26, 2013, 09:13:25 PM

NEVERMIND......Why did you make me go there......... :o
Post by: zavod44 on July 26, 2013, 09:23:24 PM

I'm temporarily out of room.....closely akin to the current possible PM dilemma we may or may not be having..........you might be able to squeeze it in, maybe......who is Rick Astley anyway?

Did you click Gummi's link?
Post by: zavod44 on July 26, 2013, 09:24:11 PM
I think you have space.....
Post by: 1buckie on July 26, 2013, 09:24:55 PM

NEVERMIND......Why did you make me go there......... :o

YES.................................. :o

No, I'm fresh out.....all the extra coloring (just barely inside the lines) eats up the available tagline mojo....... 8)
Post by: zavod44 on July 26, 2013, 09:34:29 PM
I'll send you some charcoal if you do......come on I think you can do it...why are you being difficult
Post by: zavod44 on July 26, 2013, 09:37:31 PM
Nevermind you baby...If you need something done right......
Post by: G$ on July 26, 2013, 09:38:55 PM
 ;D
Post by: 1buckie on July 26, 2013, 09:45:29 PM
I'll send you some charcoal if you do......come on I think you can do it...why are you being difficult

My truck died today.................right after a screamin' good, very helpful employment appt........

..some idiot thing with the alarm / anti-theft thing...... :o

Only diifcult @ certain times of the month.....like when the truck dies......
Post by: zavod44 on July 27, 2013, 03:50:54 PM
What kind of truck did you have buckie?
Post by: Golly on July 27, 2013, 09:24:07 PM
(http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy294/xygswagon/one-does-not-simply-give-rick-astley-up_zpsa472a2b0.jpg) (http://s801.photobucket.com/user/xygswagon/media/one-does-not-simply-give-rick-astley-up_zpsa472a2b0.jpg.html)
Post by: kaz on July 31, 2013, 03:42:36 PM
Don't fuck with the post!

I propose a new forum called "The Stables" to be placed right under the introduce yourself forum. This would be a dedicated forum for everyone to post their personal collections, kettles in storage, displays, museums, back decks, cooking areas and go to cookers. I know i'd love to see everyones collection easily in one place and be able to comment without totally derailing the show your pit thread or go through 100 pages.

Thoughts?
Post by: 1buckie on July 31, 2013, 04:23:00 PM

I propose a new forum called "The Stables" to be placed right under the introduce yourself forum. This would be a dedicated forum for everyone to post their personal collections, kettles in storage, displays, museums, back decks, cooking areas and go to cookers. I know i'd love to see everyones collection easily in one place and be able to comment without totally derailing the show your pit thread or go through 100 pages.

Thoughts?

That's a good idea KAZ.........I'd even like a locked comment free version.....

What kind of truck did you have buckie?

Toyota Tacoma.....Weber kettle, upside down, bowl & legs fits with 3/8" to spare......Sequoia, minus kettle fits with about 3/4"......
It's fixed.....just ripped out the stupid box & reconnected the wires so it's like the original ignition flow......KARR ignition interrupt, $50 to the dealer, they add $400 to the new car sticker.....little fob on the key ring needs to be in proximity to the ignition barrel / cylinder or it won't start.....really stupid...... :o
Post by: pbe gummi bear on August 01, 2013, 12:17:01 AM

Thoughts?

Kaz, have you considered increasing your # of posts per thread page? I think mine is set to 100 or 50 so it's I breeze to follow epic threads.
Post by: kaz on August 01, 2013, 03:40:54 AM
I use my phone, that sounds like it would take forever and most likely have trouble loading. I have trouble, as it is, on some of the heavier photo threads.