Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Pizza Forum => Topic started by: walterturner on January 10, 2021, 10:38:06 PM

Title: FDT and relationship with Room Temp
Post by: walterturner on January 10, 2021, 10:38:06 PM
Hi everyone,
Quick question that popped into my head this morning whilst making some dough and couldn't find clarification.

So i use the pizza app to calculate my recipe and whilst i enter a RT of 18'c (which gives me a x amount of yeast), should i still up the water temp to reach a FDT of 24'c?
I 'm worried if i do so that i will risk blowing my dough because my dough is sitting at 24'c when the app thinks it will be 18'c.

Also, additional question regarding FDT, should i always aim to reach 24'c even when changing the proofing temperature, for example an overnight dough compared to same day dough or should i aim for a bit higher to compensate for the drop in temperature?

If anyone can clarify these points for me, I'd very much appreciate it, thanks.
Title: Re: FDT and relationship with Room Temp
Post by: RRRanger99 on January 21, 2021, 03:46:42 AM
Bueller?...  Bueller?...
Post by: HoosierKettle on January 21, 2021, 05:03:11 AM

Bueller?...  Bueller?...

I don’t know what FDT is lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Post by: Filibuster on January 21, 2021, 05:13:22 AM
   [emoji4][emoji4] After the first paragraph it evolved into a whole nother language. Can someone decipher this for an old man so I can understand the gist of this. Lol
Bueller?...  Bueller?...

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Post by: Mr.CPHo on January 21, 2021, 05:29:13 AM
I definitely thought FDT was an acronym for something else, but I looked it up this morning within the context of making pizzas and it stands for Final Dough Temp.  Based on that I’m assuming the question is about proofing pizza dough.
Post by: JEBIV on January 21, 2021, 05:47:24 AM
Shit, I ordered roses yesterday from FTD on cooked them on a pizza it sucked
Post by: michaelmilitello on January 21, 2021, 06:02:53 AM
Shit, I ordered roses yesterday from FTD on cooked them on a pizza it sucked
[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post by: Krawtschenko on February 01, 2021, 09:20:32 PM
Wow, you are working too hard. I make dough with 1.5 cup warm water, by touch, a teaspoon of sugar, then 2.5 teaspoons of yeast and a pinch of salt. I let the yeast propagate for about 10 mins ( it is working if it bubbles up). Then I add a squirt of olive oil and 5 cups of flour, mix with a dough hook in my Kitchen Aide mixer. Turn the oven on at the lowest temp for the 10 min it takes to knead the dough in the mixer. Ball the dough, spray the mixer bowl with Pam, cover with cloth, put in turned off oven for one hour. Pull dough, roll out and go.
Do this at least twice a month with no problems.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)