Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) => Topic started by: cigarman20 on October 16, 2020, 08:35:56 AM

Title: Why we need more than one grill
Post by: cigarman20 on October 16, 2020, 08:35:56 AM
If your significant other ever challenges you on why you need another...

One to cook on and four to light the charcoal (at least when it’s raining).

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Why we need more than one grill
Post by: michaelmilitello on October 16, 2020, 09:27:19 AM
Lol.  I stopped trying to justify them and present myself as a collector.  Collectors collect, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post by: bamakettles on October 16, 2020, 11:38:27 AM
Lol.  I stopped trying to justify them and present myself as a collector.  Collectors collect, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This, absolutely!
Post by: ThinBlu42 on October 16, 2020, 12:45:12 PM
My garage must be full of lots of different types of collections then!
Post by: ReanimatedRobot on October 16, 2020, 01:02:39 PM
Sometimes I like to justify them as the different kinds of grills I need for _____ occasion.  Performer is the daily driver, black kettle is the pizza rig, the 26er is the larger cooks rig, ranch is the party grill, GA is the mobile grill unit and so on.  Problem is there are a number of them I have just cause it is cool :D

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Post by: View to a Grill on October 16, 2020, 01:04:35 PM
I just tell my wife that I could start collecting cars!... kettles are much cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Post by: FatBottomGrills on October 16, 2020, 02:47:04 PM
Haha, good move Brave. Just point to her shoe closet
Post by: FatBottomGrills on October 16, 2020, 02:49:18 PM
That blue kettle pops like lightning. Love that color
Post by: charred on October 17, 2020, 05:21:36 PM
lol @cigarman20
Post by: MANCHAS2020 on October 19, 2020, 08:34:54 AM
Thinking of purchasing a new Weber Mastertouch to use primarily as a Stand-alone Rotisserie Set-up for my new Cajun Bandit Rotisserie.  I also have a Weber Performer Deluxe and WSM 18" "Classic" on my small patio area.
Post by: ThinBlu42 on October 19, 2020, 10:24:59 AM
Here Iv'e been doing the multiple kettle thing wrong all this time! I have not been using 4 kettles to light my chimney. I will have to do that just to impress the neighbors.

I have mistakenly always thought that I was supposed to be cooking one whole kettle full of whole onions, another with 16+ ears of corn husks on, another with iron skillets full of beans and asparagus on the side and the last kettle with the meat that had been smoking all night.

I am going to have to up my game. Maybe grab a few more kettles just for chimney starting!

Beautifully EXTRAVAGANT use of kettles.
Post by: javahog2002 on December 20, 2020, 06:57:52 PM
When I had 15+ Weber’s, I used to ask her how many purses she “needs” if she ever gave me a hard time.  My Weber’s maintain or appreciate based on my initial purchase prices. Most of her purses end up at goodwill.  When I cook a brisket, roast or ribs for the family, I justify my small stable of 3 smokers and 2 grills.
Post by: JEBIV on December 21, 2020, 04:48:00 AM
I do on an occasion get asked why I have so many but not very often any more
Post by: Shoestringshop on December 28, 2020, 03:08:36 PM

Same here. My wife stopped asking how many I have and now when people ask her how many she points to me and says you tell them. A lady who we didn’t even know once asked “HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE!?” I told her 56 and she said “I’d kill you if I was you wife” to which I responded “If I was your husband I would take my own life” some people just can’t keep their mouths shut. 😂
Post by: Kneab on December 28, 2020, 05:13:11 PM
Now that's funny. [emoji23]

Same here. My wife stopped asking how many I have and now when people ask her how many she points to me and says you tell them. A lady who we didn’t even know once asked “HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE!?” I told her 56 and she said “I’d kill you if I was you wife” to which I responded “If I was your husband I would take my own life” some people just can’t keep their mouths shut. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Post by: jeremiahmercier on January 02, 2021, 03:34:26 PM

Same here. My wife stopped asking how many I have and now when people ask her how many she points to me and says you tell them. A lady who we didn’t even know once asked “HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE!?” I told her 56 and she said “I’d kill you if I was you wife” to which I responded “If I was your husband I would take my own life” some people just can’t keep their mouths shut. [emoji23]
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk