Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Introduce Yourself => Topic started by: FatBottomGrills on October 15, 2020, 03:45:18 PM

Title: Glad to be here!
Post by: FatBottomGrills on October 15, 2020, 03:45:18 PM
Greetings. Just wanted to say a quick hello from Escondido Ca. Very happy to have found this awesome community! Heard about the WKC some time ago and wanted to join in on the fun. I've been Q-ing on Webers for about 7 yrs. Started on my copper 22in premium, still have of course. I purchased it for $50 new! A photographer had purchased it for a commercial shoot and she was told not to buy anything black or white. Had never been used, so I scored big time. I also have a 1983 E code 22 brownie and a lime green performer. I'll post pics soon. Planning on adding a glen blue 26 soon and want to get my hands on a 60's era asap to restore. Longing for the triple daisy wheels! Uneducated about weber but I'm learning and I'm a bbq junky. I think the you tubers and bloggers are helping grow the hobby in a major way...but it's also making it more difficult to get my hands on the goodies. Too much competition lol!
Looking forward to meeting as many of the bbq brethren (and sistren) as possible. Health and Happiness to all!
Title: Re: Glad to be here!
Post by: JEBIV on October 16, 2020, 03:10:11 AM
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. plenty of awesome folks here willing to help out
Post by: RRRanger99 on October 16, 2020, 06:11:34 AM
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.
Post by: ThinBlu42 on October 16, 2020, 10:18:07 AM
Welcome. Sounds like you are in the right place.

I am also looking for a vintage. All my kettles are newer. I just got a glen blue 26. One of the best things Ive ever done.

I am still trying to figure out the best way to get pics posted. Haven't had much time to figure it out. I just know I cant upload from my pics folder...
Post by: FatBottomGrills on October 16, 2020, 02:16:15 PM
I downloaded the app and I'm able to upload pics now. Had the same problem because I was using my phone instead of PC. Limited to 3000kb
Post by: FatBottomGrills on October 16, 2020, 02:16:55 PM
That should fix it thinblu
Post by: Jason on October 17, 2020, 07:28:39 PM
Welcome to the forum FBG and hello from Carlsbad!
Post by: Krawtschenko on October 17, 2020, 11:14:00 PM
Welcome from Ramona in San Diego!

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Post by: FatBottomGrills on October 18, 2020, 06:29:41 AM
Welcome from Ramona in San Diego!

Thanks! Good to know there are other kettle heads nearby!
Post by: FatBottomGrills on October 18, 2020, 06:32:36 AM
Welcome to the forum FBG and hello from Carlsbad!

Thanks Jason! Guess there are a few of us north county guys surfing the weber kettle waves haha
Post by: AZ2FL on October 20, 2020, 03:46:17 AM
Welcome to the WKC, from Gainesville, Florida

I really like the user name...haha