Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: littlepigbarbeque on May 03, 2020, 04:58:13 AM

Title: Slow n Sear Pulled Pork on the 26" Weber Kettle
Post by: littlepigbarbeque on May 03, 2020, 04:58:13 AM
Those that are interested, I decided to video the Slow n Sear XL in action on the 26" Weber Kettle. I did an 8lb pork butt to show how the kettle does on a longer cook.  It turned out amazing and I hope shows everyone how easy it is to make good barbeque at home with a kettle.  Sure, an offset smoker makes better "authentic" barbeque, but I promise you nobody would turn this BBQ down in a blind tasting...at least my 4 year old says he likes it [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Please subscribe to my channel.  I'm having a blast with this video thing, but I can only continue if people are watching.  If you have a channel, post a link in this thread.  I would love to support yours!

https://youtu.be/gzOslyaKgTA

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Slow n Sear Pulled Pork on the 26" Weber Kettle
Post by: Cookb4 on May 03, 2020, 05:48:18 PM
Enjoyed the video. You did a nice job on that pork butt.
Post by: littlepigbarbeque on May 03, 2020, 06:29:05 PM
Enjoyed the video. You did a nice job on that pork butt.
Thanks for watching!

Post by: JEBIV on May 04, 2020, 04:52:24 AM
Great video !
Post by: littlepigbarbeque on May 04, 2020, 05:48:46 PM
Thank you for checking it out!

Post by: Foster Dahlet on May 05, 2020, 08:42:10 PM
Good video.  Thanks for sharing

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Post by: M635_Guy on May 11, 2020, 07:55:51 AM
Nice video - good job not letting the music take over :)

Your video made me hungry!
Post by: blu082003 on May 11, 2020, 10:13:38 AM
Looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Post by: Tallbald on May 14, 2020, 06:09:52 PM
Excellent instructive video. Thank you for posting. New to the Weber Kettle, it's videos like this that help so very much. Don
Post by: Darko on May 14, 2020, 06:38:33 PM
That looks good. I finally got a 26'r a few weeks ago with the SnS XL. Looking forward to trying this.
Post by: bamakettles on May 15, 2020, 11:32:51 AM
Just got a chance to watch you video, very nice and I like the music and editing as well!  Working on replacing my deck flooring this weekend, but weather permitting over the upcoming holiday weekend I will be doing a low and slow with an 11 pounder on the WSM and possibly some experimentation with a kettle and SNS.  Can't wait!
Post by: littlepigbarbeque on May 16, 2020, 05:32:52 AM

Just got a chance to watch you video, very nice and I like the music and editing as well!  Working on replacing my deck flooring this weekend, but weather permitting over the upcoming holiday weekend I will be doing a low and slow with an 11 pounder on the WSM and possibly some experimentation with a kettle and SNS.  Can't wait!

Since I've gotten the hang of using the slow n sear, I find myself not dragging out the old bullets as much.  Its way easier to clean a kettle out after a cook than the WSM lol.  Also the flavor is identical. 

Only downside is the capacity of the kettle.