Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Pizza Forum => Topic started by: tibas92017 on February 22, 2020, 03:14:02 PM

Title: Simple Pizza Sauce
Post by: tibas92017 on February 22, 2020, 03:14:02 PM
Just got-out of three(3) hour "Weber Grill Academy" Pizza Course given here in San Jose, Costa Rica in which I really enjoyed and learned a few things in preparing a pizza for both the Charcoal and Gas Grills.  The following is a pretty good simple recipe for Tomato Pizza Sauce in which I am translating from the Spanish Language:

For 4 Portions:

1 lb Ripe Tomatoes
6 Garlic Cloves
Small Piece Sliced Onion or to your liking
3 1/2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
10 Fresh Basil Leaves
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
Your Call on Adding Salt, Black Pepper and Sugar

Preparation Steps:

1.Prepare your Grill for a medium Temperature(350 Degrees to 450p Degrees F or 117 C to 232 C.  Place a Metal Canister for Veggies on the lighted Grill in order to heat-up.

2. Cut into medium pieces the Veggies and place into the heat-up veggie canister on the Grill. Add some salt and pepper and olive oil to this mixture. Grill these Veggies with the lid closed but open-it once to give-it a stir or two until somewhat soft, around 15 to 20 minutes.

3. Once the Veggies are cooked(around 15 to 20 Minutes) let them cool for around 5 minutes.  Place the cool-downed Veggies into a Food Processor and process with the added tomato paste, basil and oregano until you obtain a puree texture. Transfer to a bowl and add some salt, black pepper and sugar to your liking

ENJOY
Title: Re: Simple Pizza Sauce
Post by: jhagestad on February 24, 2020, 06:54:46 AM
I like the simple ingredients - I always thought simplest is best! thx!
Post by: JEBIV on February 24, 2020, 07:01:35 AM
Nice simple recipe
Post by: ReanimatedRobot on March 02, 2020, 04:14:07 AM
The most amazing thing to add to any pizza recipe is just putting it in a charcoal grill with wood fire.  I have been amazed at how much better even a plain pizza tastes on the charcoal grill vs. throwing it in a traditional oven.