Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) => Topic started by: Alrodrigu on July 17, 2019, 10:18:00 AM

Title: Can someone tell me what I have here?
Post by: Alrodrigu on July 17, 2019, 10:18:00 AM
Best I can tell it was manufactured in 1991 but what is the model name?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Can someone tell me what I have here?
Post by: Mike in Roseville on July 17, 2019, 10:38:29 AM
I believe that is what is known as a "hot dog." ;)
Post by: RemoGaggi on July 17, 2019, 10:41:22 AM
Let's go with "Original Kettle Charcoal Grill 22".  You might want to get an ash catcher to avoid hot ashes falling to the ground.
Post by: JEBIV on July 17, 2019, 10:42:39 AM
with to much mustard for me, can't see the date code in pic 1 but the grill appears to be a 22" one touch silver missing the ash pan
Post by: Mike in Roseville on July 17, 2019, 11:16:22 AM
Let's go with "Original Kettle Charcoal Grill 22".  You might want to get an ash catcher to avoid hot ashes falling to the ground.

Oh he was referring to the barbecue? I guess one could read it that way.  :D

Seriously, its an N code Weber Bar-B-Q Kettle. My first Weber looked just like it. It should have just one outer bowl handle and 3 round daisy vents (instead of a One Touch system). Some refer to those as "Econo Kettles" because they had a lower MSRP than other Weber's. They cook just as well!
Post by: CatskillSmoker on July 17, 2019, 11:29:48 AM
That's an ash pan! I've been using all of mine as serving plates all these years. LOL
Post by: JEBIV on July 17, 2019, 11:37:59 AM
That's an ash pan! I've been using all of mine as serving plates all these years. LOL
and your dinner table came with pot passers and built in cup holders and a pretty green tablecloth
Post by: Alrodrigu on July 19, 2019, 09:09:46 AM

That’s ridiculous! People don’t eat dogs...hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Post by: Alrodrigu on July 19, 2019, 09:13:26 AM

Oh he was referring to the barbecue? I guess one could read it that way.  :D

Seriously, its an N code Weber Bar-B-Q Kettle. My first Weber looked just like it. It should have just one outer bowl handle and 3 round daisy vents (instead of a One Touch system). Some refer to those as "Econo Kettles" because they had a lower MSRP than other Weber's. They cook just as well!

Thanks for the info! Yes it does have the three vents on the bottom. I ordered the ash catcher and vents based on the Bar-B-Kettle model, not knowing exactly what it was. And a new grill.

Post by: PotsieWeber on July 19, 2019, 10:07:35 AM
@Alrodrigu
Ok.  I've got a serious question about the food.  On the bun, there appears to be a hot dog with mustard on it.  However, there appears to also be a much shorter in length  item on there with mustard on it too, kind of looks like a short burnt sausage. 

What is it, is it overcooked, was it on purpose, & is it especially good when combined with a hot dog?  Maybe you created the "brat dog?"
Post by: Hollando on July 21, 2019, 03:12:19 AM

@Alrodrigu
Ok.  I've got a serious question about the food.  On the bun, there appears to be a hot dog with mustard on it.  However, there appears to also be a much shorter in length  item on there with mustard on it too, kind of looks like a short burnt sausage. 

What is it, is it overcooked, was it on purpose, & is it especially good when combined with a hot dog?  Maybe you created the "brat dog?"
I’ve been pondering this for days

-H
Post by: HoosierKettle on July 21, 2019, 08:18:13 AM

@Alrodrigu

I’ve been pondering this for days

-H

Guys look at the grill pick. You will see a broken hot dog being grilled.

What you see in the picture is what I suspect to be nothing more than blackened partial hot dog on top of the full length dog.

I think anyways [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Post by: PotsieWeber on July 21, 2019, 03:14:23 PM
Darn.  I was kind of hoping to hear of some interesting combination.
Post by: toolhead on July 21, 2019, 03:21:02 PM
They all look good to me...
Just doubled up 2 whole chx on cajun rotiserrie ring on my redhead and id still take down 1 or 2 of those 1lber hot dogs
Post by: AZ Monsoon on July 21, 2019, 04:19:03 PM
That there is one of them Webbers
Post by: SaltySmoker on August 01, 2020, 12:18:31 PM
I thought it was a mustard, pickle, hotdog...  kinda think I might try it anyways
Darn.  I was kind of hoping to hear of some interesting combination.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)