Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Mods, Tables and Customs => Topic started by: CurtP on April 19, 2019, 06:56:15 AM

Title: Weber Summit vent
Post by: CurtP on April 19, 2019, 06:56:15 AM
Is a loose vent typical on the Summit?  Mine was loose enough that it would move to the open position when the lid was opened.  They sent a replacement, and it's the same thing.  At one point they changed the rivet from a nice stainless button to a chromed steel one, but it's still extremely loose.  Weber is willing to send another one, but by now I have my doubts that a 3rd one will be any better.  I drilled out the rivet on the original vent, tapped the base plate and used a jam nut to fix it.  I'm just not sure I like how it looks.
Title: Weber Summit vent
Post by: michaelmilitello on April 19, 2019, 07:13:31 AM
I don’t own a Summit, but at that price point, it should stay open without modifications.   Perhaps, before they send it, they should test it to ensure it works. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Weber Summit vent
Post by: CurtP on April 19, 2019, 08:21:11 AM
I thought the same thing, but as soon as I removed all the shipping protection, it flopped just like the original did.  For the cost of the grill, I really expected it to be perfect with no corners cut, but that's not the case.  I still really like it, but I wouldn't have bought it knowing what I know now.