Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: Firemunkee on April 12, 2018, 06:38:29 PM

Title: Simple wedges
Post by: Firemunkee on April 12, 2018, 06:38:29 PM
We had a bunch of potatoes that were just sitting around so I sliced them up and threw them on the grill. For reference it was 8 medium sized potatoes, tossed in oil, and seasoned with SPG. They cooked for about 45 minutes. The lid thermometer was around 425. I think next time I might go a little higher to get more crisp. Intersting how the ones furthers from the fire had the most crispy edges. I then seared about half of them, just for a few seconds, just to see what it would taste like. It added a hint of char flavour.

This was my second time doing wedges on the grill. I need to figure out how to replicate Royal Farms's Western fries recipe.
Title: Re: Simple wedges
Post by: joewhodatt on April 12, 2018, 07:32:45 PM
I do potatoes all the time on grill.    Try alittle olive oil and different seasonings on the potatoes.    Parmesan cheese at the end goes along way as well ! Keep grilling !!

Sent from my  Joes Cajunbadassbbq
Post by: JEBIV on April 13, 2018, 03:50:10 AM
Love potato wedges on the grill, looks grate
Post by: SMOKE FREAK on April 13, 2018, 04:10:54 AM
Nice lookin spuds...I cook em around the Vortex and then dress em with a herb/dijon butter when they come in...
Post by: hawgheaven on April 13, 2018, 05:57:10 AM
Nice lookin' taters. I gotta get back to that method... been using a basket.
Post by: Davescprktl on April 13, 2018, 11:38:26 AM
Yum!
Post by: Firemunkee on April 13, 2018, 02:50:12 PM
I do potatoes all the time on grill.    Try alittle olive oil and different seasonings on the potatoes.    Parmesan cheese at the end goes along way as well ! Keep grilling !!

Those look delicious! What seasoning is used in the second picture?