Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Mods, Tables and Customs => Topic started by: WMT on December 23, 2017, 10:52:31 PM

Title: smokey joe 14" bowl damper
Post by: WMT on December 23, 2017, 10:52:31 PM
I made the mistake of getting a smokey joe gold with the bowl damper on the sides of the bowl at the grill level instead of the bottom. The gold just does not work very good at all with the vents positioned there. I contacted weber canada and they don't even sell the part and they claim to know nothing of any issues with these grills. I want to do the smokey joe silver bowl damper mod and install a damper on the bottom of the bowl but for the life of me I can not find anywhere in Canada that has the silver bowl damper. I have found a couple places in the states but they either don't ship to canad or make it to expensive to ship to Canada. Can anyone help me out if they know where to get this part in Canada. The grill only has a few cooks on it because of this issue but I don't want to scrap it. I know these are only $50 grills here in Canada but it is not a good grill at all because of this. I may as well buy a silver and garbage the gold if I cant find the part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.