Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Mods, Tables and Customs => Topic started by: 56MPG on November 03, 2017, 02:19:37 AM

Title: Mod Month Lockdown
Post by: 56MPG on November 03, 2017, 02:19:37 AM
Really disappointed that the Mod Month thread got put in the slammer two days before the end of the Month. No chance for surprise last minute submissions. No chance for members to comment on all the great work. No chance for me to thank everyone for making it a fun October and celebrate all the great work you all did. Just a cryptic note about posting ideas in new threads "if you want them to be seen".

Next year I'll organize a prison break and we'll do Mod Month somewhere else. It's clear there is no interest among the Statesmen to support the idea here.

Marty
Title: Re: Mod Month Lockdown
Post by: addicted-to-smoke on November 03, 2017, 04:44:28 AM
Submissions? For what, kudos?

I thought it was already known that mods would be featured year 'round. In that sense, the thread was persona non grata the day you started it.

In fact, I interpreted it as your way of acknowledging that fact, by way of creating the thread as an homage, particularly since there would be no organized prize giving and so on.
Post by: LiquidOcelot on November 03, 2017, 05:32:33 AM
I'm honestly not even sure if this is sarcastic or serious ....
Post by: 56MPG on November 03, 2017, 05:37:54 AM
particularly since there would be no organized prize giving and so on.

@Troy is taking care of prizes as he mentioned in the thread. A special handle to his favorite top three mods.

FYI - Persona non grata (Latin, plural: personae non gratae), literally meaning "an unwelcome person"
Post by: addicted-to-smoke on November 03, 2017, 07:19:14 AM
In that case I stand corrected on two counts, one for not knowing it actually WAS a competition/drawing (despite the existence of a statement saying it's "year 'round"?) and also for the failed latin reference. A non-starter, is what I obviously meant, sorry.

All that being said, why not just PM Troy and ask him to let it run an extra 2-3 days into Nov.?
Post by: Troy on November 03, 2017, 08:29:03 AM
*sigh*
The thread was locked because it was literally disrupting the purpose of the modifications forum. Those projects deserve their own threads.

You have already organized a 'prison break' and created other communities and I have even allowed those invitations to remain.

I'm tired of you blatantly ignoring leadership decisions and doing things as you please, only to cry foul and point fingers at leadership for standing in your way.
I appreciate all that you've done for the club Marty, but you need to respect boundaries and refrain from imposing your wills onto this community.