Weber Kettle Club Forums

What's Going On => Website Issues & Suggestions => Topic started by: zavod44 on March 18, 2013, 08:08:08 PM

Title: How to post pictures here at the WKC
Post by: zavod44 on March 18, 2013, 08:08:08 PM
Okay, I'm gonna make this a new thread and I will make this as painless as possible.  I am no computer wiz so I had to find a way to make it easy for me.  I used to use Imageshack but I hate them and they tried to rip me off and they are horrible so I would advise against them.  I have pictures on Imageshack so sometimes I have to go there to get old pictures but I don't put anything there anymore.  There are 100 ways to do this but this is what "I" found easy.  I'm sure there will be a bunch of suggestions but I am doing this for those who are having trouble posting.  I also want to do this because I love pictures and I want to see what everyone has. 

Now I won't go into the whole thing of digital cameras, I am starting from the point you have digital pictures in a folder on your computer somewhere and you want to put them on the site.  I use and recommend photobucket.  I have heard people complain about this site but I have found it very easy to use, and it's free.  So go get a photobucket account and log in.  At the top of the screen you will see a tab that says "UPLOAD" 

(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z276/zavod112/helper5_zps45daaefd.jpg)

Click on upload and you will see a large box that says "drag and drop your pictures and video pictures here".  So drag your pictures there...  if you don't want to drag them, then click browse files, and go browse for your file.

(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z276/zavod112/Helper6_zps3e47a3b0.jpg)

Drag them in there and they should start to upload.  When they seem to be done uploading click on the "LIBRARY" tab at the top left.  In the library you should see your images. 

When you see the image you want, hover your cursor over the image and a gear will show up in the right hand corner of the small image.  If you click on that gear a menu will show up.

(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z276/zavod112/Helper44_zps8f96e81d.jpg)

Once the menu shows up, scroll down and click on "GET LINKS...."

When you click on get links, the links will show up in a menu that looks like this.....

(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z276/zavod112/Helper2_zps771e6ad9.jpg)

It will have a list of four different choices.  The bottom one says IMG codes (for forums, boards)  click on that one.  Once you click on it, it will turn yellow and say "copied".  Now all you need to do is come back to this site and paste that into your new topic or your response.  So just right click and paste.  Then once you post your message here it will show up. 

One other thing you can do is if you want to see you picture better to chose the best one, you can go into your library, click on the picture, not the gear.  You picture will pop up and appear large.  On the lower right side you will see the same list of codes, click the IMG code and it will say copied and it will be ready to paste it here.

(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z276/zavod112/Helper_zpse52c7aad.jpg)

As I said there is a million ways to do it.  But I find this works very easy for me.  Now that this info is available...I never want to see some dumb link, I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!  ;)
Title: Re: How to post pictures here at the WKC
Post by: Craig on March 18, 2013, 08:11:36 PM
I'll have to give photobucket a try. Imageshack has been acting weird for me lately.
Post by: zavod44 on March 18, 2013, 08:19:16 PM
Did they steal your money too?
Post by: Craig on March 18, 2013, 08:20:42 PM
I havn't given them a dime. They just upload my photos from my phone all weird. I've never paid for anything. What happened with yours?
Post by: Hogsy on March 19, 2013, 12:26:54 AM
Just wanted to add, for any one with a smart phone the photobucket app is just as easy to use as the full site if not easier, You can take a pic , upload it and post it within a minute.
It automatically makes the pic the correct size and saves you having to load it on you hard drive
Its fairly basic though, you can't edit or adjust your pic, but it is free
Press upload, choose 'existing camera', tap on the photo you want to upload, once uploaded tap on albums, tap which photo you want to post then you just need to press the 'i' on the bottom right of the screen
(http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q585/joelhogston/93B7C2C8-2984-4976-8B45-B6B8986758F9-2546-000003D9AC58AF6C_zpse55e1e2d.jpg)
That then takes you to img code
(http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q585/joelhogston/367BEF66-DB34-4F73-B632-A5D4A012897C-2546-000003D9BA7F4856_zps1dfbc945.jpg)
Tap on img code and it automatically copies , then paste in your post
Post by: HankB on March 19, 2013, 05:46:08 AM
Thanks for posting that Brian. I use Picasaweb which is now being morphed into Google+. I need to look into how to post pictures from Google+ so I'll work on adding a post that outlines that procedure.

Edit: Test - See if you can see this picture:

(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sJfDxwiNd74/UUhshHq8ytI/AAAAAAAAO9I/nn6I-Y4DGoA/s800/photo.jpg)

Please PM me the answer. I prefer not to clutter this thread with discussion but rather keep it focused on the subject of posting pictures.
Post by: chriscw81 on March 19, 2013, 08:36:10 AM
Great info, guys!  I use tapatalk for android for 90 percent of my forum usage.  I love it and it also makes photo posting silly easy, it even hosts files like photobucket and the other sites. Then again, I take all my pics with my android.....

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post by: addicted-to-smoke on June 05, 2013, 12:42:36 PM
This thread should be moved to the "website issues" subforum, yes?

As for "How to post pictures here at the WKC" (or anywhere else that uses similar forum software):

1) Copy your image's full URL from wherever/however you're hosting it.
2) Hit the "insert image" button in your forum post or reply and you should see "img" tags with your cursor in between.
3) Paste.

I'm currently hosting images from my Dropbox account. Any image you put into your Public folder will have a publicly-usable URL available. Just right-click on the file to get it. If you need to edit the image after putting it there, as long you retain the same filename it won't break the URL if you've already posted it somewhere.

But to help fix the rat's nest of junk that accumulates in my Public folder I made a subfolder named Images and you can do more subfolders. Get the file's URL after storing it where you want and it'll work this way here too. In other words don't post the URL and a week later say, "Hmm, I should really move this file somewhere else ..." >> broken URL, image no longer viewable online.

Keep in mind you're storing stuff in Dropbox just like you would on your computer, because it IS on your computer, so if you've transferred an original image from your smartphone or camera to it it'll be far too big to post in any forum, both in flle size and in pixel size. My current method is to snap an image from my iPhone and use the Dropbox app to copy to Dropbox in the cloud ... which automagically downloads it to my computer where I can edit it and share it with you lot.

Here's 500MB extra if you decide to join (it's much more/different than a regular image hoster) http://db.tt/YkVqoBE
Post by: bryanw21157 on June 05, 2013, 01:21:34 PM
Photobucket is what I use.  Same principle, but it's just for pictures. 

I have it setup with my phone to send pics I take to my photobucket folder and then I use the photobucket app to generate the img url.  Simple copy and paste and Im done.
Post by: Winz on April 10, 2014, 11:17:40 AM
I am using dropbox to store my pictures.  To post from dropbox:

Highlight the photo in your dropbox folder
Choose "share dropbox link" from the menu
Click the "Insert an image" command in your post on WKC
Paste the dropbox link
You have to edit the dropbox link by replacing "www" in the link with "dl"  This provides a direct link to your picture (example below)

From:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/490cj6i74slahmw/IMG_1988.jpg

To:     https://dl.dropbox.com/s/490cj6i74slahmw/IMG_1988.jpg

Winz
Post by: addicted-to-smoke on May 01, 2014, 04:01:26 AM
Yes, the goal of any forum poster is to be able to do what's called "hot-linking", where the forum's software directly pulls the image into, and inline with, the thread's text.

The availability (or I should say, the willingness) of the image hosting company to allow this diminishes all the time, because every time the thread's page is accessed, the images load and that uses the image host's bandwidth. They generally want something in return, which is why when you "share" the image's link from say, Flickr, the URL is really an html page showing the image + Flickr advertising. (Maybe there's a way around that however.)

Same thing with Dropbox, as of last year.

... You have to edit the dropbox link by replacing "www" in the link with "dl"  This provides a direct link to your picture ...

That's fantastic! I stopped using Dropbox for image hosting because they'd changed it so that the www links can't be hot-linked. They clearly want to discourage this "extra" bandwidth usage without the marketing aspect ... so I wonder for how much longer they'll allow the dl links to be hot-linked.

I still recommend Dropbox overall, and for lots of uses, but this part annoys me --- particularly since they made a big deal last year about storing images with them, automatically uploading images when a camera is connected etc.

I resisted Photobucket but since they actively promote hot-linking as a feature, I think I'll stick with them a bit.
Post by: Cookingmama on July 04, 2015, 12:27:37 PM
i know this is a very old thread... sorry to bring it back up.  Been a long while since i have posted a picture.  is photobucket preferred over imageshack with most now?  i would hope to do something simple and easy from my NONapple phone.  just asking before i download on my phone...since i am not tech savvy and probably would not know how to delete what i don't need, etc etc. 
Post by: Troy on July 04, 2015, 12:40:27 PM
i know this is a very old thread... sorry to bring it back up.  Been a long while since i have posted a picture.  is photobucket preferred over imageshack with most now?  i would hope to do something simple and easy from my NONapple phone.  just asking before i download on my phone...since i am not tech savvy and probably would not know how to delete what i don't need, etc etc.

actually  I prefer pics.weberkettleclub.com ;)
Post by: Cookingmama on July 04, 2015, 12:47:17 PM
Testing. ....

http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/RE
Post by: Cookingmama on July 04, 2015, 12:48:45 PM
its a link...... not a picture.  i missed something.  but damn..... freaking cool. 
Post by: 1buckie on July 04, 2015, 01:40:23 PM
its a link...... not a picture.  i missed something.  but damn..... freaking cool.

@Cookingmama

Monster cookup....ma'am !!!!!

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/07/04/20150630_185546.md.jpg) (http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/RE)

To get that, I left clicked BB Code Medium, it hilites blue, then right click & copy & drop into the post here.....not sure exactly how it works on a phone, but monster cookup, still the same..... 8)
Post by: Cookingmama on July 05, 2015, 02:57:49 PM
i believe i am missing a step after using the link that Troy gave me. 

i upload. then i get something i can cut and paste... but when i do that it shows up as a link. 

i saw the option of "embed" stuffs...... but i don't know which to choose for that.  or if that is even where i need to select so that what i cut and paste... come up as an actual picture.

Bueller....Bueller.....
Post by: demosthenes9 on July 05, 2015, 06:39:43 PM
i believe i am missing a step after using the link that Troy gave me. 

i upload. then i get something i can cut and paste... but when i do that it shows up as a link. 

i saw the option of "embed" stuffs...... but i don't know which to choose for that.  or if that is even where i need to select so that what i cut and paste... come up as an actual picture.

Bueller....Bueller.....

Howdy there Mama.     Look down at the bottom left of the pic page where it says EMBED CODES.

The first 4 are used in combination with the (http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/Themes/Minimalistic_Theme_SMF2/images/bbc/img.gif) Insert Image icon on the post reply page (up above the smiley faces.    When you click the icon, it will insert an img tag that looks like this  [ img][ /img]

Copy whichever of the first 4 links you want and paste it in between the ] and the [.

Alternatively, the next 4 sets of embed codes make it even easier in that the img tags are already included.  You don't have to hit the icon on the reply page.    For this forum, use the BB codes.

Image Embed - inserts the picture exactly as you see it

Linked image + Image embed codes - inserts the image but also contains a link so that if a person clicks the photo, they will be taken to it

Linked medium + Image embed codes - Same as above but resizes photo to a "medium" size.

Linked thumbnail + Image embed codes - Same as above but resized to thumbnail size.

Again, the img tags are already included in the BB code links.   Choose which style you want, copy the contents of the box and paste it right into your reply.

Post by: HiDesertHal on March 26, 2017, 03:23:13 PM
Gentlemen...

I don't know anything about "Apps", I don't know how to "Cut", "Drag", and "Paste", I don't have an "Android", nor a "Smart Phone", nor an "I Phone", nor a "Tablet", nor a "Laptop", and I'm thankfully not on "Social Media" either!

I'm just an 80-year-old, 6'2", 205 lb. happily retired 37-year Lab Test Engineer from Boeing who has some great pictures that I'm sure you all would like to see!

It's Crackers To Slip A Rozzer The Dropsy In Snide, as many of you have heard.

Cheers,
HiDesertHal
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 27, 2017, 06:06:46 AM

OH YEAH.....I tried to get a Photobucket account, but they won't have me because I'm using the "antique" Windows 7, and
they'll accept only W7.1 or W10, both of which I tried and dislike.

Other than that, I'm an acceptable Pianist and Organist (I don't read music), as well as a fine Chord Guitarist, 4-string Tenor Banjoist, and Upright as well as Fender Bassist.

HiDesertHal (I sure wish I could show you some of my Music pictures!)
Post by: LightningBoldtz on March 27, 2017, 06:12:41 AM
Hal, try pics.weberkettleclub.com, it is pretty user friendly
Title: How to post pictures here at the WKC
Post by: HoosierKettle on March 27, 2017, 06:15:41 AM
I'm not going to stand idly by and let you use your age as an excuse. Your using a computer and if you want to do certain things than upgrades are part of the territory. Some people might prefer using the dewy decimal system as opposed to a computer at the library but that's not going to happen. Your not too old to get with the times. And I mean that in a complimentary way not a wise ass way.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 27, 2017, 06:48:43 AM

Thanks, HoosierKettle!

Back Home Again in Indiana!

It's the DEWEY decimal system, sir!

I agree I'm not too old to get with the times, but encroaching Alzheimers has something to do with my situation...are frequent recall shutdowns bothering you?

My Dad died from complications arising from Alzheimers at age 81...I'm not far from there!

HiDesertHal

Post by: HoosierKettle on March 27, 2017, 07:17:26 AM
I feel for you on that Hal. I'm only 42 but I've heard from a lot of people that getting old is not for the faint of heart. I'd be lucky to make it there someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 27, 2017, 10:32:10 AM

TO ALL:

I originally quit the Forum because of my being thwarted at every attempt to send a Picture, even though being thankful for the help many of you have given me, but to no avail.

Then I decided to give up Charcoal and switch to Gas, which caused me to return to the Forum to get some advice on which gassers to consider.

And now, thanks to all of you who recommended the Weber Q, I bought a Q-1200!

I recently went to pics.weberkettleclub.com and tried to Create an Account so I could send some pictures, but then I got flags of INVALID NAME and PATTERN MISMATCH.  Marvelous.

Now I feel that the only way you're going to get any pictures from me is to act as my Agent and send my pictures to the Forum that I sent to you as email attachments.

If this isn't workable, then I'll just say Sayonara with justifiable disppointment, but certainly not with anger, OK?

Understand...I will always come back if I have other questions or problems, 'cause you're the BBQ Magna Carta!

HiDesertHal
Post by: 1buckie on March 27, 2017, 10:57:32 AM
"I recently went to pics.weberkettleclub.com and tried to Create an Account so I could send some pictures, but then I got flags of INVALID NAME and PATTERN MISMATCH.  Marvelous."

Yeah, I got that same kinda thing......used my screen name & "create a password"  & then the full sized HTML "copy" (left click copy as you hover over the slot, then go to your post, hold down Ctrl button & tap the V on the keyboard.......

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/27/9-2016018.jpg)

It will look about like this in the posting box:

src="http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/27/9-2016018.jpg" alt="9-2016018.jpg" border="0" /> 

Just tap " the "Enter" button a couple times to create a space between text & the photo.....

You're a half-step away Hal.....give it a go!!!!
Post by: LightningBoldtz on March 27, 2017, 11:57:13 AM
@1buckie is old, he can figure it out......
Post by: greenweb on March 27, 2017, 01:20:20 PM

TO ALL:

I originally quit the Forum because of my being thwarted at every attempt to send a Picture, even though being thankful for the help many of you have given me, but to no avail.

Then I decided to give up Charcoal and switch to Gas, which caused me to return to the Forum to get some advice on which gassers to consider.

And now, thanks to all of you who recommended the Weber Q, I bought a Q-1200!

I recently went to pics.weberkettleclub.com and tried to Create an Account so I could send some pictures, but then I got flags of INVALID NAME and PATTERN MISMATCH.  Marvelous.

Now I feel that the only way you're going to get any pictures from me is to act as my Agent and send my pictures to the Forum that I sent to you as email attachments.

If this isn't workable, then I'll just say Sayonara with justifiable disppointment, but certainly not with anger, OK?

Understand...I will always come back if I have other questions or problems, 'cause you're the BBQ Magna Carta!

HiDesertHal

Use your exact forum user name to create an account.  Once the account is created, you are half way there.  After that, you sign in to your account and call up a pic stored in your computer. You may figure it out once you sign in but I will take you thru. the steps if you sign in. Go ahead and try to sign up again.
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 27, 2017, 04:57:48 PM

I tried creating an account AGAIN on the picture forum, but it got my user name wrong!

I've been using HiDesertHal since the stock market crash of 1929, but the site has me down as hideserthal with NO CAPS, man!

HiDesertHal
Post by: greenweb on March 27, 2017, 05:34:38 PM

I tried creating an account AGAIN on the picture forum, but it got my user name wrong!

I've been using HiDesertHal since the stock market crash of 1929, but the site has me down as hideserthal with NO CAPS, man!

HiDesertHal

To create your account, you need to input your e-mail add., user name, and the password.

Try using different e-mail add. to create a new account at pics.weberkettleclub.com. If you don't have than create another e-mail add.  Use Hal Pollner. Same as the user name here. Try also using different password as before to sign in. Once you are in... I will guide you on how if need.
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 28, 2017, 01:58:12 PM
Hey greenweb,

I tried all those suggestions...several times.

No Go.

HiDesertHal
Post by: greenweb on March 28, 2017, 02:55:20 PM
Hey greenweb,

I tried all those suggestions...several times.

No Go.

Really High Desert Harold       (Let 'em chew on that awhile!)

Looks like you had your display name just changed from Hal Pollner to HiDesertHal. Now go back to pics.weberkettleclub.com and use HiDesertHal for user name when creating an account. You will need to input your e-mail add. and a password. It should work but if not, I will try to create an account for you with your display name. Not sure if it work or not. If it does.... I will send you the password for the account so you can use it.
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 29, 2017, 06:25:28 AM
Hey thanks, greenweb!

Does this mean I will have to use a new password, and not the one I've used on all my Forums for the past 16 years?

Danke, mein Freunde...ich bin ein Desert mann!

hideserthal
Post by: greenweb on March 29, 2017, 11:59:36 AM
Hal,

So have you tried again after you got a new name changed?  Try it and let me know, you should be fine. I will attempt to create an account for you if you fail.

Don't worry about password for now. Best thing is to try creating an account on your own first. Then you won't have to worry about pw sent from me if I can create or not.
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 29, 2017, 03:45:47 PM
Yo greenweb,

Yes, I was finally able to post a few pics on the WKC Picture Forum!

Go to the title page and click on "Explore". The pics that say "Uploaded by guest" and "By Hal Pollner" are mine.

Now I need to get pics on the Main Forum...2 members will help me by posting my pics to the Forum.

Thanks a Lot!
hideserthal

Post by: HiDesertHal on March 29, 2017, 03:58:01 PM

Yo greenweb,

Yes, I was finally able to post a few pics on the WKC Picture Forum!  (I wasn't sure what I did, however....).

Go to the title page and click on "Explore". The pics that say "Uploaded by guest" and 'By Hal Pollner" are mine.

Now I need to get pics on the Main Forum...2 members will help me by posting my pics to the Forum.

Thanks a Lot!
hideserthal
Post by: greenweb on March 29, 2017, 04:13:45 PM
Sounds like you are in. Nice! Now, you don't have to load into pics.weberkettleclub.com first and transfer to here.  Do it in all one shot. I will take you thru. if you want.

Let me know if you are able to get to this page with your name on the top right corner like how it has my user name on it like when I sign in.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/29/IMG_3887.jpg)
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 30, 2017, 02:00:43 PM

Yo greenweb,

Yes, I'm able to get to that page with my name in the upper right corner. i just use the WKC/ Pictures web address.

Then I click on Explore in the upper left corner and the pictures are displayed, but not full-page versions.

To upload pictures from my PC, I click on upload, then select a pic from my PC files, then click on upload again, and then on the thumbnail to get the final picture.

I think that was how I did it.....
HiDesertHal

Post by: greenweb on March 30, 2017, 03:24:45 PM
Ok! try this. You see where I have the cursor on the upper arrow inside the cloud symbol.  Click on it.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3895.jpg)

You should get this.  Click on "take a picture" where I have the cursor.
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3896.jpg)

You should get something like this in your computer where you can pick the pic you want to load.  I click once on the pic I want to highlight and click open at the bot. right where I have the cursor.
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3897.jpg)

You will get this.  Here is where you can resize the pic but you should be fine.  Click on UPLOAD.
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3901.jpg)

Your pic is now loaded. Scroll down on the same page and should look like this.  See how "About" is highlighted-underlined. Click on "Embeded Codes"
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3902.jpg)

Now, move your cursor over to the right of the "Image URL" as shown. Copy shows up. Click on Copy.  You just copied the pic and ready to paste it into your post.  I am assuming that you already know how to insert image and paste into the post.  That is it.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3903.jpg)

If you want to load next pic.... same thing. Click on that upper arrow symbol and go thru. the same procedure.
Sometimes, you may have to sign out and sign back in as the system times out and won't let you upload pics.
Post by: LightningBoldtz on March 30, 2017, 05:57:01 PM
Over the top information to help the old feller.......  :)
Post by: kettlebb on March 30, 2017, 06:17:06 PM
That is real good on you Mr Greenweb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 31, 2017, 09:17:42 AM

Hey greenweb,

What's a "Cloud Symbol"?  Much of this terminology is new to me.

I don't see your cursor because the picture edges have clipped off a lot of the picture area. 

Hal Pollner
Post by: greenweb on March 31, 2017, 10:41:32 AM
What terminology? I made that up to explain the symbol.

Maybe you have the screen size up to high at like 200%. Bring it down to at least 133% so you see all of the pic. Pics I posted here are only  640px × 480px, so all of it should show plus 1/3 empty space to the right at least.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/31/IMG_3895_LI.jpg)
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 31, 2017, 03:38:31 PM

How can I post a picture when it's on a different screen from my main forum screen?

Hey, I don't want to post anymore pictures on the WKC /PIC site. I already know how to do that!

I want to post them on the MAIN FORUM as additions to my posts, like everyone elso does!

Hal Pollner

Post by: Troy on March 31, 2017, 03:46:17 PM

How can I post a picture when it's on a different screen from my text screen?

HAL

look for the BBcode for embedding the image. just paste it in your reply and the image will show up.
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 31, 2017, 03:52:56 PM
Look, Troy and everyone else: 

I don't know how to "paste" anything!

That's something I never had any call to do, so I never needed to learn how.

NOW you can tell me how to "paste" something, OK?

Harold I. Pollner  (Tomorrow is April Fools Day, so to be safe, I'm gonna stay off the forum all day!)
Post by: Troy on March 31, 2017, 04:13:39 PM
Look, Troy and everyone else: 

I don't know how to "paste" anything!

That's something I never had any call to do, so I never needed to learn how.

NOW you can tell me how to "paste" something, OK?

Harold I. Pollner  (Tomorrow is April Fools Day, so to be safe, I'm gonna stay off the forum all day!)

Hal, I'll do you one better.
www.google.com

go there, ask it all your questions
It'll take good care of you.

For example, you can start with "how to copy and paste"
It's going to blow your mind, I promise.
Post by: HiDesertHal on March 31, 2017, 05:49:40 PM
Yo Troy,

I don't have GOOGLE as a search engine anymore... I have AOL SEARCH.

But thanks for the tip, Dude!
Hal Pollner
Post by: kettlebb on March 31, 2017, 05:55:39 PM
Hey Hal in the address bar where you type www.weberkettleclub.com type www.google com

Post by: zavod44 on March 31, 2017, 06:10:30 PM
I'm running Compuserve, and having no issues.  I also have prodigy, still no issues.  I'm running a 486 DX on a dialup and I'm loading pictures like a madman..... 
Post by: LightningBoldtz on March 31, 2017, 06:24:52 PM
I'm running Compuserve, and having no issues.  I also have prodigy, still no issues.  I'm running a 486 DX on a dialup and I'm loading pictures like a madman.....

Play Wolfenstein 3D lately?
Post by: kettlebb on March 31, 2017, 06:58:17 PM
I used to play that game for hours on end.

Post by: greenweb on April 01, 2017, 04:58:52 AM

How can I post a picture when it's on a different screen from my text screen?

HAL

look for the BBcode for embedding the image. just paste it in your reply and the image will show up.

+1

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/04/01/Capture971d7.png)
Post by: Hogsy on April 03, 2017, 03:24:47 AM
On the upside @HiDesertHal you'll have WKC Performer status by the time you can post some pics👍🏼
Post by: greenweb on April 03, 2017, 04:29:38 AM
What terminology? I made that up to explain the symbol. This is same as clicking "start uploading".

Maybe you have the screen size up to high at like 200%. Bring it down to at least 133% so you see all of the pic. Pics I posted here are only  640px × 480px, so all of it should show plus 1/3 empty space to the right at least.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/31/IMG_3895_LI.jpg)
Post by: Jeff on April 03, 2017, 05:36:15 AM
Will there be a party when Hal posts his very first pic?? Perhaps we should document this historic achievement on our front page??  ;)

C'mon Hal!!
Post by: JEBIV on April 03, 2017, 08:28:46 AM
Hal 9000 for president
Post by: HiDesertHal on April 03, 2017, 08:34:41 AM

HEY JEFF & OTHERS:

If you will go to the WKC PiCTURES site, you will see that I have posted 106 pictures from my PC files! (a few are repeats)

Click on each one to get the full unvignetted picture.

Very few pictures are related to grills and grilling.

By far, most are from my other more interesting hobbies and events, not wishing to surround myself with old cooking pots.

Hal Pollner
Post by: Jeff on April 03, 2017, 08:38:18 AM

HEY JEFF & OTHERS:

If you will go to the WKC PiCTURES site, you will see that I have posted 106 pictures from my PC files! (a few are repeats)

By far, most are from my other more interesting hobbies and events, not wishing to surround myself with old cooking pots.

Hal Pollner

Hal...let's see those pics right HERE!
Post by: 1buckie on April 03, 2017, 09:06:02 AM

HEY JEFF & OTHERS:

Hal Pollner

Glad yer gittin' it done Hal !!!

I, on the other hand, choose to surround myself with old cooking pots....

(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd520/1buckie/2015/Fourth%20of%20July%2015/2015-07-05%20Fifth%20of%20July%2015/P1010002.jpg)
Post by: HiDesertHal on April 03, 2017, 11:28:23 AM

That's just marvelous, 1buckie!

Hal Pollner
Post by: HiDesertHal on April 03, 2017, 04:10:57 PM
HEY GANG,

I'm still unable to post pictures on the main forum...I tried those instructions that I can understand and they don't work.

But those well-intentioned, really complex and involved instructions just overwhelm me! They're appreciated, but I just can't track 'em!

I know this sounds incomprehensible, considering my long Boeing career as a technically-minded lab test engineer, but this is what Alzheimers does to an otherwise intelligent man.

Yes indeed, Gentlemen...
Hal Pollner

Post by: Grizzle_Vizzle on April 12, 2017, 10:47:15 AM
I also can't post pictures and have quite a few saved up, ready to unload to the masses.

I have tried to register with the "http://pics.weberkettleclub.com" site, and haven't been able to get it to send me a confirmation e-mail.
I guess I could sign up for one of those other photo-hosting sites, but would really like to have this all on one site.
Post by: Troy on April 17, 2017, 10:14:57 AM
I also can't post pictures and have quite a few saved up, ready to unload to the masses.

I have tried to register with the "http://pics.weberkettleclub.com" site, and haven't been able to get it to send me a confirmation e-mail.
I guess I could sign up for one of those other photo-hosting sites, but would really like to have this all on one site.

If you're using yahoo, yahoo blocks all of our email from weberkettleclub.com :(
I can manually activate your account if you email me. Troy@weberkettleclub
Post by: 1buckie on June 30, 2017, 06:33:23 AM

They do NOW...... :(
Post by: MacEggs on June 30, 2017, 07:38:31 AM

They do NOW...... :(

A lot of us are in the same boat.  They will not be getting one penny from me.
Post by: 1buckie on June 30, 2017, 08:08:01 AM
The wife says there's a site of some kind where many, many people are EXTREMELY displeased w/ das Bucket.....talk of class-action lawsuits, etc.......
Post by: cbpeck on August 03, 2017, 06:23:36 AM
Thank you for creating the WKC Pics service. It took me a few minutes to get acquainted, but it's working. Having to part ways with photobucket is irritating, but I appreciate having a solid alternative here.
Post by: baglorious on August 14, 2018, 02:52:12 AM
This is a test...

(http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/mroule/31AAQZFrbEL.jpg)
Post by: Nate on October 28, 2018, 06:09:41 PM

http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/fmV
http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/fmN
http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/fmE
http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/fmj
http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/fmM
http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/fmy
http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/fmL
http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/fm6
http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/fm3

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/11/04/817EF6AD-5144-410C-B6DB-AA07CDAA008B.jpg)
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/11/04/6D7D338C-E8F5-4F48-94D9-02919583BF58.jpg)
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/11/04/55BD6043-7185-4E88-A91C-F0189BCF10C5.jpg)
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/11/04/F8800CA4-7335-4619-B346-9FA7E2E59D9A.jpg)
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/11/04/ED06B771-7E32-46FB-BE39-1A2B6B968FF3.jpg)
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/11/04/A9A97612-EF6C-4DB0-AF39-78F83E1356BC.jpg)
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/11/04/374D02EC-6E62-459F-963A-FF29A14289E8.jpg)
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/11/04/52193CED-5339-44DD-BB1A-7589B5CBC08F.jpg)
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/11/04/817D6728-4A82-424C-A6CE-29CA3FC7F799.jpg)
Post by: dogman on June 02, 2019, 01:01:52 AM
Killer sandwich and beautiful yard!
Post by: RobberHut on October 03, 2019, 02:04:09 AM
I don't think I'm a fool, but I can't figure out how to post a photo on the forum. I couldn't find an option to do it when creating a new post or replying to a message. What am I missing?
Post by: Cellar2ful on October 03, 2019, 06:53:51 AM

@RobberHut - If your working from a desktop PC, here is a great tutorial on what is required to post photos here on the WKC Forum.  If your using your phone, someone else will need to chime in as I work from my desktop PC.

Still getting requested for help in posting pics.... so I just put together what I already had to make it even more easier to understand for new members wanting to post pics here in WKC forum.

First you need to understand that a pic from your pc or phone ---> need to be uploaded to a picture hosting site ----> then you need to use BBCode address provided from the hosting site pic to link it to your post.

1 Create an account here:  pics.weberkettleclub.com image hosting site. Once your account is set up, you should be able to sign in.

2. Now to load a pic to the image hosting site from your computer stored pic. Once you are signed in....

click on " start uploading" or the small icon where I have the cursor to start.
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3895.jpg)

You should get this.  Click on "take a picture" where I have the cursor.
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3896.jpg)

You should get something like this in your computer where you can pick the pic you want to load.  I click once on the pic I want to highlight and click open at the bot. right where I have the cursor.
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3897.jpg)

You will get this.  Here is where you can resize the pic if the size is too large.  Click on UPLOAD.
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3901.jpg)

Your pic is now loaded to the image hosting site. Scroll down on the same page and should look like this.  See how "About" is highlighted-underlined. Click on "Embeded Codes"
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/30/IMG_3902.jpg)

Copy "BBCode" link as shown. It is the 6th link shown. Put a cursor over to the right and Copy shows up. Click on Copy.  You just copied the pic BBCode address required  and ready to paste it into your post in this forum.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/04/03/IMG_3908_LI2.jpg)

3. From your post, to paste your copied BBCode link - Ctrl+V or right click on the mouse and clicking paste. This is how it looks

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/04/03/Capture3.png)

This is how it looks after you click on Preview button at the bottom right. Your pic now shows up at the top. Click Save if you are ready to post.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/04/03/Capture4.png)

Now, you have just linked your pic just uploaded to the image hosting site to your new thread/post/reply. Have fun posting pics of your kettles.
Post by: RobberHut on October 03, 2019, 08:40:28 AM
Thank you very much for this information Cellar2ful.
Post by: Cellar2ful on October 03, 2019, 03:05:18 PM

The thanks goes to @greenweb for the tutorial with photos.  It was just buried back on page 3 of this thread.
Post by: Andyinlz on March 02, 2020, 05:49:00 AM
I also cannot get the weberkettleclub.com pix site to send me an email to join, despite multiple attempts.

Does it also dislike [or is disliked by] aol.com?
Post by: Cellar2ful on March 02, 2020, 07:33:10 AM
I also cannot get the weberkettleclub.com pix site to send me an email to join, despite multiple attempts.

@Troy
Post by: Troy on March 02, 2020, 09:02:40 AM

I don't see your email address registered at all, did you use a different address?
Post by: Andyinlz on March 02, 2020, 12:30:07 PM
I think the site requires you to receive an email and activate your account.....so perhaps there is no record.  I have tried twice in the past few months.....get the "you were sent" message then crickets.
Post by: Andyinlz on March 05, 2020, 01:20:45 AM
What do you want me to try next?
Post by: Troy on March 05, 2020, 02:58:37 PM
I'd recommend trying a different email address
Post by: Bob BQ on April 13, 2020, 01:11:11 PM
@Troy  - pics.weberkettleclub.com keeps kicking me back to the login screen immediately after I login.  Can you take a look, please?  Thanks!
Post by: Troy on April 13, 2020, 03:11:46 PM
@Troy  - pics.weberkettleclub.com keeps kicking me back to the login screen immediately after I login.  Can you take a look, please?  Thanks!

Not having any issues here. What is your username or email on pics.wkc?
Post by: ThinBlu42 on September 29, 2020, 08:30:21 PM
I tried signing up to pics.weberkettleclub.com and have not received an email. submitted twice.

It's been 6+ hours.

Checked spam folder. Nothing...

Post by: Troy on September 30, 2020, 10:17:13 AM
I tried signing up to pics.weberkettleclub.com and have not received an email. submitted twice.

It's been 6+ hours.

Checked spam folder. Nothing...

Yahoo and a few other email providers flat out won't deliver email sent from the software.
The developer blames yahoo, yahoo doesn't give a shit. Neither will fix it.

I plan to move away from pics.wkc and replace the entire forum software with a more robust and capable solution.
Post by: Bugeyed Earl on May 27, 2021, 07:13:22 AM
Testing pic embedding from Amazon photos, let's see if this works:

(https://thumbnails-photos.amazon.com/v1/thumbnail/u2RUJIVpQcWnQIJruqvk7g?viewBox=1219%2C915&ownerId=A2HT9RWJH065ET&groupShareToken=jl5075SlSaeYbKVXO0bd2Q.x88ZyhwkHT9hqcFmsysC9v)

or from Google Photos:

(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AIAcNBAuVYrYFYLfCR6fUboZVlteyeJvKZadICPCq_c2zdnbkaQ4fjf7ajaNugtY_IqFXBwZOnW-BSkcIxK23odS4rrFt86p8TRdE6m0-VuW4NRQnJOw-69PpB-hF8iyDJ0GVr0ixJl-wcEBmWWybRRwnVPNW9iy1xwXouy56lyqIRXf5ijTNlOSKTLhIkrvvRzWCG6K51__WVecTr-0u97zGRMvhtHEqf3PWLUshFs8-e_xqErWpzn2pFfwxjsfWZt_3fxqbNqnuXY9y-XhBRMPQvdc15q-WB4hwzv5g1ZH2OFXl76fzPDRkuB9HpRU6VbLmsVKJ876IbNXfgCz1i2AqtXDRkuoDAIGTDt8nL2TBxz0GLQ_W-SZYqPA7dVRpDu7pwMTT4QzFW_c3vB9jxJDuy2PcyutnMnkLNQ76Wg_u9ugTrL5XVvIN0CMAMLMugldId0NZvY4n42kZux1oWa6XYsPTRyD9wIlm3f7_vqsdv-LsZq1JHwAaekdd7T1HjEECOoxfJBehJEezKxun8-opQBHUnb-ywH_DVbQ-7LDOTL0XJjLFsPVxuAO0WG2U3Irv3lVDN9L7m9SEWL1iXf8xjyr3CtbPdrqDfjZTpCcjG0HyZlAkE1TeryCooBRQuNmPAUGCAjTa_uhdNjpj0P9Zb1ktrRQpYPkh-P_MjZL_9gyyYolOMfD9j29aRn7S9bR6exiD9paZDtL5s6NTIU=w1219-h915-no?authuser=0)
Post by: Bugeyed Earl on May 27, 2021, 07:17:19 AM
Cool, looks like both worked.
Post by: JEBIV on May 27, 2021, 07:59:43 AM
Cool, looks like both worked.
yep
Post by: dazzo on May 27, 2021, 08:42:20 AM
In the app I see a broken link?
Post by: dazzo on May 27, 2021, 08:43:39 AM
Post by: dazzo on May 27, 2021, 08:45:33 AM
Although the preview shows it
Post by: bamakettles on May 27, 2021, 08:48:40 AM
Same here…

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Post by: Bugeyed Earl on May 27, 2021, 01:18:20 PM
Crap, back to the drawing board. Thanks for the heads up!
Post by: johnlmaddock3 on July 06, 2021, 06:44:02 PM
I figured out how to post pictures.  Is there a way to rotate them?  I had some that were sideways and others uploaded just fine.  No matter how I uploaded them, they always were sideways.  Thanks.
Post by: johnlmaddock3 on August 15, 2021, 02:23:51 PM
TEST
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/image/hj0)

image link not working.  Attachments are working.