Weber Kettle Club Forums

What's Going On => Website Issues & Suggestions => Topic started by: Wendy_Weber on February 13, 2016, 03:06:10 PM

Title: Website won't work on any computer but works on phone
Post by: Wendy_Weber on February 13, 2016, 03:06:10 PM
Trying to access the site/forum and I have tried multiple browsers, cleared history and tried another computer and keep getting timed out error. However it does open on my iPhone browser....
Title: Re: Website won't work on any computer but works on phone
Post by: Troy on February 13, 2016, 04:56:08 PM
Sorry to hear that Wendy. Can you PM me your IP address? Sometimes the software gets emotional with people and triggers an IP ban at the server level.
If you google, "what is my IP" - it will usually give you the answer right in the search results.
Post by: Craig on February 13, 2016, 07:21:38 PM
Website locked up an hour ago from my laptop
Post by: Wendy_Weber on February 14, 2016, 10:46:51 PM
Sorry I just figured out its only when using wifi. I attempted in my phone today connect via wifi and did not load but when I disconnected wifi it worked fine. I'll try resetting my router and see how it goes. But for now I will have to wait till the mrs is not watching Netflix. :)
Post by: Troy on February 15, 2016, 02:57:46 PM
Sorry to hear that Wendy. Can you PM me your IP address? Sometimes the software gets emotional with people and triggers an IP ban at the server level.
If you google, "what is my IP" - it will usually give you the answer right in the search results.
Post by: Wendy_Weber on February 26, 2016, 04:20:11 AM

Pmed you :)
Post by: varekai on July 16, 2016, 03:45:31 PM
@Wendy_Weber , I assume you got the problem worked out .. I had the same thing happen to me last week, It was my router, had to do some  "mac spoofing", whatever that is but it worked. I was about to go buy a new router but my cable guy helped me out.
Post by: Kneab on August 09, 2016, 02:18:37 AM
Hi Troy. I seem to be having the issue described by Wendy. Only on cellular works for me. At work I thought I was blocked by our IT security policy. But at home it happens also.

addicted to charcoal......

Post by: Troy on August 09, 2016, 08:55:27 AM
Hi Troy. I seem to be having the issue described by Wendy. Only on cellular works for me. At work I thought I was blocked by our IT security policy. But at home it happens also.

addicted to charcoal......

Can you get me your IP?
Do a google search for 'what is my IP' - google usually gives it to you right there in the results without having to click anywhere

the forums "Preview" button sometimes causes a hiccup that ends up getting the users IP blocked at the firewall level.
I can't figure out how to fix it, and I can't disable the security feature :(