Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) => Topic started by: Winz on May 13, 2014, 10:51:08 AM

Title: An appeal to Weber
Post by: Winz on May 13, 2014, 10:51:08 AM
Dear Weber Stephan Products,

First, let me thank you for making wonderful products that allow me to put food on the table with great enjoyment.  Weber is, and will always be a key part of get-togethers with family and friends. 

I have a request.  In honor of your great heritage as an American company and our collective great heritage as a country, please consider offering this kettle to your customers in the U.S.  I can think of nothing better that burgers, dogs, and steaks coming off this grill every 4th of July, Veterans day, and Memorial day.  I would be proud to have one in my back yard, and I know a few friends that feel the same way.

(https://dl.dropbox.com/s/kyopncartawc7rl/redwhiteblue.png)

Respectfully,

Winz
Title: Re: An appeal to Weber
Post by: argentflame on May 13, 2014, 11:36:24 AM
Yes. Great letter. Would buy one in a heartbeat.
Post by: mirkwood on May 13, 2014, 11:43:14 AM
I'd get one.
Post by: Cuda Dan on May 13, 2014, 11:54:04 AM
Winz, Thanks for asking Weber Stephan Products to produce a red/white and blue kettle. I would like to have one also!
Dan
Post by: Yuminator on May 13, 2014, 11:54:30 AM
I'd be on board for at least one star spangled kettle.  Would be even better if they made it 26.
Post by: LightningBoldtz on May 13, 2014, 11:55:26 AM
Make it as a Master-touch and I would pay $250 and I never buy new.
Post by: AZ_MIKEY on May 13, 2014, 12:27:34 PM

^^^^^^ This exactly!!!!!
Post by: addicted-to-smoke on May 13, 2014, 12:49:20 PM
P.S. Please also utilize handles made of wood. A thermometer on the dome would be nice. I also like cast iron, seasoned steel or stainless steel cooking grates--hinged and with the Gourmet inserts if you please.
Post by: Peaspurple on May 13, 2014, 01:07:33 PM
I'm in. That would be awesome for burgers and dogs.
Post by: salad on May 13, 2014, 02:02:59 PM
+1.  I've wanted that kettle since I first saw it. 
Post by: jcnaz on May 13, 2014, 02:10:18 PM
Yes please!
Post by: G$ on May 13, 2014, 02:35:15 PM

Yes, this EXACTLY.
Post by: DirectDrive on May 13, 2014, 02:55:01 PM
It's a great idea and would be easier to implement if only Weber could claim 100% Made in USA these days.
Post by: Winz on May 13, 2014, 03:02:44 PM
In my letter to Weber, paraphrased in the OP, and mailed a couple of days ago, I did not place additional requirements on the product (e.g. M/T, wood handles, etc).  My thought was to make the request simple and let Weber decide what model features would give them the highest return and chance for success.  Besides, many of us here would want to customize whatever is produced anyway.

I just really want a stars and stripes kettle - it is spectacular!

Winz
Post by: BBQmedic on May 13, 2014, 03:04:13 PM
P.S. Please also utilize handles made of wood. A thermometer on the dome would be nice. I also like cast iron, seasoned steel or stainless steel cooking grates--hinged and with the Gourmet inserts if you please.
Needy much? Jk lol I'm with you...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Post by: addicted-to-smoke on May 13, 2014, 03:25:50 PM
It was meant in jest, because so often we get gear-happy here. I appreciate Winz' sentiment here with his request.
Post by: OoPEZoO on May 13, 2014, 04:01:13 PM
My wife would roll her eyes, but I would buy a Stars and Stripes kettle in a second......18, 22, or 26

That being said, a 22.5" master touch or 26er with wood handles would have me waiting in line to buy one
Post by: Dan NY on May 13, 2014, 04:14:30 PM
In my letter to Weber, paraphrased in the OP, and mailed a couple of days ago, I did not place additional requirements on the product (e.g. M/T, wood handles, etc).  My thought was to make the request simple and let Weber decide what model features would give them the highest return and chance for success.  Besides, many of us here would want to customize whatever is produced anyway.

I just really want a stars and stripes kettle - it is spectacular!

Winz

Winz,

This was a great idea. Can you please post the address that you sent it to?  I would like to send a similar letter.  Maybe if Weber starts getting this request from all over the country they will be more likely to consider producing them.

Thanks,
Dan
Post by: AnakiMana on May 13, 2014, 04:36:51 PM
I filled out their online contact form a few weeks back and said:

"Why does Europe get a better variety of colors for their kettles? Can you make it possible for customers in the United States to choose their color and customize orders? Even if we need to pay a premium to have customized kettles, there's a huge Weber following in your home country and we deserve to get the best. Thanks for listening to my suggestion."

I got a reply two days later with:

"Hi Andy, thank you for your email.

We appreciate all of our customers suggestions and concerns. I will be sure to pass this along to the appropriate people.

Thank you for choosing Weber.

Sarah, Weber Customer Service"

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

Post by: AnakiMana on May 13, 2014, 04:40:37 PM
The address listed at the end of my email from them is:

Weber Customer Service
Weber-Stephen Products LLC
90 West Hillcrest Blvd.
Suite 308
Schaumburg, IL  60195
Phone: 800.446.1071
Fax: 847.407.8900
www.weber.com

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

Post by: BBQ Jack on May 13, 2014, 05:21:43 PM

I think a 7/4 commemorative kettle would be great to have.  You wonder why they make one for show but do not make any to sell in the stores. 
Post by: cbpeck on May 13, 2014, 10:00:46 PM
Does anybody know for certain that Weber created that paint job? Sure, it could be porcelain, but more than likely it is auto paint or vinyl applied by a 3rd party. I seriously doubt that it was intended to see a flame.
Post by: argentflame on May 14, 2014, 08:26:16 AM
Good Question on the paint job. Weber Stig has the same one.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/introduce-yourself/greetings-from-aalborg-denmark/
Post by: vader06 on May 14, 2014, 09:01:51 AM
I would buy one as well.   ;)
Post by: 5280Jeff on May 14, 2014, 09:32:58 AM
I'm in! 
Post by: rwhinton on May 14, 2014, 01:56:49 PM
Me too!
Post by: Winz on May 14, 2014, 03:57:04 PM
Can you please post the address that you sent it to?

Dan - I sent my letter to the Weber Palatine address:
Weber Stephen, 200 E Daniels Rd, Palatine, IL 60067

You can email the marketing department at:
Marketing@WeberStephen.com

Winz
Post by: Craig on May 20, 2014, 09:20:29 PM
It'd be in my backyard most ricky tick!

In between tending to my cooks on this badass grill, I'd be watching this on TV...

(http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii560/redkettle71/patton.jpg)
Post by: teerhardy on May 21, 2014, 03:24:08 AM
I wonder if something like this will be available as a limited edition or promo giveaway in the future.  I would think this would be a great promo item leading up to Memorial Day or the 4th of July.
Post by: salad on May 21, 2014, 12:53:46 PM
Does anybody know for certain that Weber created that paint job? Sure, it could be porcelain, but more than likely it is auto paint or vinyl applied by a 3rd party. I seriously doubt that it was intended to see a flame.

This.  I figured it was a paint job, not intended for use.  That said, I don't see why they can't do it considering all the logo kettles and the NFL Editions with the football on the lid.  I think I may have to shoot someone an email over there and see if I get an answer.
Post by: GC8 on May 21, 2014, 01:26:32 PM
And also, please donate a portion of the proceeds to the veterans organization of Weber's choice (VFW, PVA, USO, etc...).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post by: zavod44 on May 21, 2014, 02:40:04 PM
Hey why doesn't someone  actually get some kind of real petition going?  I know Marty has some inside connections.  Someone take the time and make it legit....Now we can have a purpose at the WKC...something to do as a club
Post by: Weber MD on May 21, 2014, 02:49:26 PM
Let's submit a bulk order.
Post by: Weber MD on May 21, 2014, 02:50:14 PM
And also, please donate a portion of the proceeds to the veterans organization of Weber's choice (VFW, PVA, USO, etc...).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the way you roll.
Post by: toddmog on May 21, 2014, 03:50:22 PM
Let's submit a bulk order.

I was thinking the same thing.  I wonder how many units would be necessary for a group buy??
Post by: mikeinctown on May 21, 2014, 06:32:08 PM
That's too many stripes on the bottom. Makes it look like the boxing trunks Rocky wore in his movies. lol Wider stripes and less of them...
Post by: Craig on May 21, 2014, 08:25:59 PM
Are those stripes cadmium red? :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Post by: teerhardy on May 22, 2014, 03:01:09 AM
That's too many stripes on the bottom. Makes it look like the boxing trunks Rocky wore in his movies. lol Wider stripes and less of them...

I wonder if it could made as a set: The East vs. West edition
Post by: MacEggs on May 22, 2014, 07:08:23 AM
I'm not 'merican, but add me to the list. It's beautiful!  :D
Post by: zavod44 on May 22, 2014, 06:22:36 PM

I thought Apollo Creed wore the stripes, I could be confused
Post by: Craig on May 22, 2014, 06:32:27 PM
Here you go Brian!

Apollo Creed aka Chubbs Peterson

(http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii560/redkettle71/apollo-creed.jpg)
Post by: salad on May 24, 2014, 09:51:52 AM
FWIW, I got this reply from Weber today:

"Thank you for your email. The "stars and stripes" kettle was painted and is not for actual use. If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you for choosing Weber."

So there ya go.  I really wish they would make a real one, though. 
Post by: Andy on May 29, 2014, 06:55:46 AM
I saw this on TV last night, a stars and stripes kettle can be seen in this Ball Park Franks commercial at the 16 second mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsx1I6hlSCM&list=UUrT1w_4uHNzVZXiH3v2iaUw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsx1I6hlSCM&list=UUrT1w_4uHNzVZXiH3v2iaUw)
Post by: cbpeck on May 29, 2014, 10:18:56 AM
I saw this on TV last night, a stars and stripes kettle can be seen in this Ball Park Franks commercial at the 16 second mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsx1I6hlSCM&list=UUrT1w_4uHNzVZXiH3v2iaUw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsx1I6hlSCM&list=UUrT1w_4uHNzVZXiH3v2iaUw)

Yes, and it does appear they are cooking on it.
Post by: G$ on May 29, 2014, 10:49:12 AM

I thought Apollo Creed wore the stripes, I could be confused

They both did.  Remember, Apollo Creed died and .....
Post by: Fo Sizzle My Nizzle on May 29, 2014, 07:03:54 PM
Apollo wore them against Rocky and Rocky wore them against Ivan Drago.
Post by: Hofy on May 30, 2014, 07:52:54 AM
FWIW, I got this reply from Weber today:

"Thank you for your email. The "stars and stripes" kettle was painted and is not for actual use. If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you for choosing Weber."

So there ya go.  I really wish they would make a real one, though.

It could actually be made.  The enamel goes on like paint and isnt hard and fire resistant until fired.  look at the old Western models from the 60's.   2 colors.
Post by: Andy on May 30, 2014, 10:23:49 AM
Hofy,

One ' f ' or two, you need to consider making this your avatar:

(http://doclibrary.com/MFR1658/CMM/Hoffy_Bacon_HD%20Package%20for%20web%20small%20angled.jpg)

Bacon Wrapped hot dogs....mmmmm!  ::)