Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blast from the past!  (Read 1057 times)

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
Blast from the past!
« on: March 13, 2018, 10:05:00 PM »
I was strolling through the archives and came across this old thread. I notice some of the heavy hitters are still here and wondering how you are all doing six years later? We all need to watch our health! @Heyjude @Jeff @zavod44 @Troy @Craig @56MPG

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/off-topic/prayers-for-jeff-k/

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: Blast from the past!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 01:56:08 AM »
All good here. Could always improve, but working in one city and living in another is not the best formula as I age. Need to ramp up the physical activity and throttle back on carbs. I want to retire in less than five years in much better shape than I am now. Many here know it's not easy. Fun to think of WKC in another five years. Honestly I hope it doesn't change as much as I hope to!

Marty
Every kettle has a destiny.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 03:48:13 AM »
Luckily I've been A-OK since that post.  Gosh that seems like a long time ago.  Looking ahead and not back.  Still grillin away!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:34:52 AM »
Thanks for getting back! That's really great to hear! I struggle with high blood pressure and try and grill healthy most of the week. Last night I made lightly seasoned chicken breast, rice and broccoli. Variations of this dish are a regular thing for us on weeknights because its simply, fast and healthy. I hope to hear from the others. Keep up the fight guys and let's beat this together! -Bo

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:38:25 AM by Bodhi »

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 11:24:16 AM »
Initially it was suggested to have a healthy recipes or healthy eating thread.  Most thought it was a great idea, but it never gained traction.  Understandable since there is so much over-indulgence when it comes to barbecuing! 

ryan_stenroy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 03:59:26 AM »
Grilled meat all the way :D

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 05:53:28 AM »
Initially it was suggested to have a healthy recipes or healthy eating thread.  Most thought it was a great idea, but it never gained traction.  Understandable since there is so much over-indulgence when it comes to barbecuing!
I'd love to even see more posts of healthy recipes.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 07:10:21 AM »
Wow I would have never pegged Jeff as a candidate for that. Glad you survived it buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
On the search for: Aristocrat, Ambassador, MLH Statesman, looker Yellow 22, MBH 'Cado 18, Blue 18

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 07:48:40 AM »
Wow I would have never pegged Jeff as a candidate for that. Glad you survived it buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Me neither!!!!!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 08:32:00 AM »
... I struggle with high blood pressure and try and grill healthy most of the week. ...

I was pre-hypertension until the standards got changed more conservatively. Now I have it "officially." I've cut back on drinking, which may or may not help. The numbers are about the same, but oddly, booze was really affecting my pulse rate, like it could be an allergy. Waiting to see what the summer looks like before I decide to start taking a pill for the rest of my days.

But what I came here to say is that dish you posted looks like a lot of what we've been eating for the last few years. Broccoli and rice are the two things my kids expect to see on a plate, with whatever grilled meat.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 09:10:39 AM »

@Jeff , it's great to hear that you're doing well !

This reminds me of when @MrHoss had his heart situation awhile back.  Healthy eating / grilling became a hot topic.
A lot of us are middle-aged guys, myself included, need to be mindful of this going forward   :D 8)

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/healthy-hoss/

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/kettle-club-discussions/healthy-grilling-weekly-cooks-and-pics/

Once you awake, it's hard to go back to sheep.