Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 22 Lime for trade  (Read 1939 times)

WNC

• WKC Performer
22 Lime for trade
« on: March 11, 2018, 09:29:06 AM »
Hey Guys,
Putting this lime up for trade. I love it, but it just doesn't get put into the rotation very often. Plus I've been really feeling the one touch system lately.
So, I'm looking for something cool in OTG or MT. A Smoke or Ivory would be awesome, or maybe a OTG 26er? I don't know, I'm open. Whatcha got?

The good:
It's a lime
No serious crazing
Minimum rim rash and porcelain pops
Original wheels, handle, and ash pan

The bad:
This kettle wobbles around more than any other that I've had. Leg sockets are solid, I think it's more about how the legs sit in? (Maybe the broom stick trick or shims would work)
It was missing a bottom vent when I got it and while drilling out the rivets, I missed a little and accidentally "expanded" one of the rivet holes. You can see it in the pic of the underside of the bowl, it's the bottom left one. Once a vent is attached it's not noticeable and functions just fine. It currently doesn't have any bottom vents, but I do have the two originals, and would be willing to order a new set from Weber if that's a deal breaker.

Let me know what you're thinking, worse I could say is no

Thanks, Justin

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Performer
Re: 22 Lime for trade
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 03:24:47 PM »
The mind is turning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »
Whoever trades for that will be very pleased. Limes are just beautiful in person. Good luck bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 03:51:47 PM »
Smokey joe Homer Simpson brand new

Webers rule

randy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 04:38:48 PM »

The mind is turning

Do I need to take a different route to Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 04:47:09 PM »

The mind is turning

Do I need to take a different route to Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
You better not, I would be trying to figure out how to sleep in it

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »
Here's some more recent pics. It's dirty, but it's also like 20 degrees here so...
I know I was talking up the OTG, but I'd be open to a MLH. If it's red I might even throw in my red thumbscrew

db3694

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 03:06:51 PM »
Pm sent

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »
Okay so rambling post...
I'm really thinking about pairing down to what I'm actually using. I love all the vintage cookers, but have grown tired of the hassle of cleaning out the ashes. Hence the advent of the one touch system, right? And of course there's the performer, or hell even the Summit. Alas however, I am a collector and a cooker, as such I know the joy of firing up a kettle that's been steady making memories for 50-60 years.
The weathered worrier will always get a call around here. Along with the yellow. A vintage red will also ALWAYS have a place here too. That being said, a collector truly does need a MLH, right? And if my red could be a red Wood dale MLH, well...
I'd use the hell out of it!
I also do love the convince of the OT and enclosed ash catcher.
And damn those exotic Canadian and European colors!
Least not mention the truly rarest grails... luck of the draw I guess.
Grills should be used and loved
May we all find the ones that make us happy.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 05:40:41 PM »
I know what you mean, lately I have been using nothing but OTG's for the same reason. It is a lot of work keeping a large rotation and I refuse to put away a dirty vintage kettle. Don't get me wrong, I won't ever stop firing up a vintage from time to time just a lot less lately.  I think I enjoy cooking on a weathered warrior the most. There is just something special about cooking on an old beater that has been around for over 50 years and it can still out cook any new grill any day.
May The Smoke Be With You!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 06:39:35 PM »
Iím kind of going the other way here and cooking more with 3 wheelers. Been cooking on the A code for a couple weeks now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 18"(The Easterner), Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Yellow 22"(The Gourmet), Blue MBH 18", Blue MBH 22".

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 01:15:32 PM »
Okay so rambling post...
I'm really thinking about pairing down to what I'm actually using. I love all the vintage cookers, but have grown tired of the hassle of cleaning out the ashes. Hence the advent of the one touch system, right? And of course there's the performer, or hell even the Summit. Alas however, I am a collector and a cooker, as such I know the joy of firing up a kettle that's been steady making memories for 50-60 years.
The weathered worrier will always get a call around here. Along with the yellow. A vintage red will also ALWAYS have a place here too. That being said, a collector truly does need a MLH, right? And if my red could be a red Wood dale MLH, well...

I sold all my MBH's and never looked back. They are pretty but I don't find them as enjoyable to use as a OT. My OT's are pretty colorful as well!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 06:13:22 PM »

Okay so rambling post...

I sold all my MBH's and never looked back. They are pretty but I don't find them as enjoyable to use as a OT. My OT's are pretty colorful as well!

Oh my god you have no idea how many of your posts and shots of your collection I searched while coming to this decision

Also, it's still available for trade.
I'd love to see this grill go to someone who'll love and use it.