Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: FS: Brand new WSM 22.5 - $200  (Read 475 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
FS: Brand new WSM 22.5 - $200
« on: March 12, 2018, 04:37:39 AM »
I have a brand new WSM 22.5 smoker for sale. It is complete except it is missing the bottom bowl and the legs that would attach to the bottom bowl if it had one. So, basically I have the mid-section, the lid, access door panel, cooking grates, charcoal ring, water bowl, etc. Everything except the bottom bowl. You could very easily use the bowl of a 22.5 kettle for the bottom bowl section, which I have thought about doing many times.

Just find an old black 22.5 kettle that you don't care too much about. Pull the three legs from the leg sockets, cut the top 6 or 8 inches off the legs with a hacksaw and then reinsert them back into the leg sockets. The ideal height range would be to have the top lip of the bowl sitting anywhere from 20 - 24 inches off the ground. Then stack the mid-section and lid on top - that's it! This scenario raises the whole WSM up off the ground to a more comfortable height. This really helps out when you have to open the front access panel to tend to the fire, you're not bent over as much with smoke hitting you in the face. Plus, you can control the temperature of the smoker with a single control lever instead of having to touch three scorching hot daisy wheels? Also, if you use a kettle with an ash collection bucket, you don't have to worry about the ash building up and choking off the air vents on really long cooking sessions. The only downside to this whole idea is that you would have to sacrifice an old kettle or at least a set of kettle legs when you cut them. Anyone with an old black 22.5 kettle laying around that they don't care too much about and always wanted a big 22.5 WSM, this is your chance!

Weber has now raised the MSRP on these cookers to $500. I'm asking $200. Shipping would be extra. Please PM me if interested. I would also consider trades depending on what you have to offer. I like to offer trades so people who don't have the money for a nice smoker like this, a trade offers them a way to get something that they otherwise might not be able to afford.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:29:19 AM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"