Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 65-68 Chestnut coppertone Estate  (Read 1980 times)

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
Re: 65-68 Chestnut coppertone Estate
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 08:13:27 PM »
Every time I see a Chestnut thread Iím in awe but the first pic here with the flash shows a lot of pink hue to the color. Iíve never seen one in person. Are they really that pink or is it photography lighting playing tricks on me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes they are really that pink, hence why I love them! Cheers brother 🍻
Grill on! and Go CUBBIES!!!

PotsieWeber

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 08:18:53 PM »
They are nice.  One day, maybe I'll stumble across one.  I always thought they look like one should be on one the cover of one of the older covers of Frank Herbert's Dune series of books. 

Every time I see a Chestnut thread Iím in awe but the first pic here with the flash shows a lot of pink hue to the color. Iíve never seen one in person. Are they really that pink or is it photography lighting playing tricks on me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the colors in the first pic are pretty accurate. Hereís mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 08:35:02 PM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

CustomKettle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 10:58:44 PM »
I'd like to apologize to everybody for the ridiculously high price I put up. I admit, I did it to solicit bids and I'm sorry. I will not do it again. I must say though, I don't see the logic in sending 'pickers' like myself to Ebay. Surely, that only serves to drive up prices in the long run. When I found the '58 Custom a few yrs ago, the first thing I searched was 'old kettle pics'. Wkc popped up, joined the club, and Cellar2ful ended up the proud owner because he is a stellar human being. There was no competitive bidding. Now, I find a boobie and I thought I'd game the system a bit thinking to maximize my profit. I didn't mean to stir up shit. You are all beautiful people with a passion and this is a beautiful group with the best knowledge I've found about this subject. I've learned a lot, and hopefully I can find some more killer kettles to offer you all. With that being said, I'll drop the price to $1,250!😅

Radjx003

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 12:38:19 AM »

Good luck on the sale @CustomKettle .  Thank you for offering it up to the club.  I personally can vouch for Rick (CustomKettle).  I acquired my 1958 Custom kettle from him several years ago.  He is a stand up guy and was a pleasure to deal with.
Can we see some pics of the custom please i love them sweet grills.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 03:01:46 AM »
I'd like to apologize to everybody for the ridiculously high price I put up. I admit, I did it to solicit bids and I'm sorry. I will not do it again. I must say though, I don't see the logic in sending 'pickers' like myself to Ebay. Surely, that only serves to drive up prices in the long run. When I found the '58 Custom a few yrs ago, the first thing I searched was 'old kettle pics'. Wkc popped up, joined the club, and Cellar2ful ended up the proud owner because he is a stellar human being. There was no competitive bidding. Now, I find a boobie and I thought I'd game the system a bit thinking to maximize my profit. I didn't mean to stir up shit. You are all beautiful people with a passion and this is a beautiful group with the best knowledge I've found about this subject. I've learned a lot, and hopefully I can find some more killer kettles to offer you all. With that being said, I'll drop the price to $1,250!😅

So if I am reading this right the original asking price was the original asking price and not a typo.  Everyone has their own opinions on stuff like this but my 2 cents if a classic kettle is going to be over 2 bills asking price it needs to be mint or NIB.  Again just my thoughts on it.  I will also say that while Troy said there is no threadcrapping, if someone feels a grill is worth an asking price of over $5,000 they need to be able to back up the load of comments that will be asked about it and how to justify the asking price.  This is completely different than the other thread where people questioned the motives of a person selling a grill on ebay.  One is question the justification of the price, the other is questioning the persons motives.    Back to this kettle, while I wouldn't mind owning a chestnut copper tone, I would never spend over $1000 for a kettle(I have kids going to college soon).  All that said, @CustomKettle  you may want to also point out with more pictures that this kettle does have a hole in the bowl which for some people can impact the price and what someone is willing to pay.  It is always good to disclose these things as the buyer would probably want to know this when dropping $1250 on the grill.  Good luck with the sale.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:41:52 AM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
4 MBH, 1 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

CustomKettle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 06:13:29 AM »
I thought, what is he talking about, a hole?! But after talking with @Cellar2ful, and putting a spotlight under the grill, I saw three small pinholes, @LightningBoldtz is correct. You guys know better than me what to look for...

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 06:25:40 AM »
I thought, what is he talking about, a hole?! But after talking with @Cellar2ful, and putting a spotlight under the grill, I saw three small pinholes, @LightningBoldtz is correct. You guys know better than me what to look for...

This is the same grill that was posted on Facebook a few days back right? 

The pics below is this kettle, correct?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 07:05:21 AM by LightningBoldtz »
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

PotsieWeber

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 08:52:55 AM »
It is true that when asking fairly significant dollars for a kettle that someone might not get to see in person until they have paid for it, it is best to take lots of pics so you can see all the way around the grill.

I'd say AT LEAST 4 pics around the grill & lid.  AT LEAST one of the top & one of the bottom.  AT LEAST one of the inside of the kettle (with grates removed) and one of the inside of the lid. 

Good luck on your sale. 
regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 08:56:28 AM »
For adding pics, the easiest way is to click on the items in the pics below.  To add more than one, click the "more attachments" found underneath the "Attach:" part where you click "browse" seen in the second pic below.  You can also click on the below pics to make them bigger, so you can see easier.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:58:57 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 09:40:03 AM »
@CustomKettle feel free to message me directly for help with the special ones before posting. I'm happy to help!
No, seriously :)
In the market for unicorns: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

CustomKettle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 09:55:36 AM »
Will do, @Rub.

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2019, 02:02:25 PM »

So if I am reading this right the original asking price was the original asking price and not a typo.  Everyone has their own opinions on stuff like this but my 2 cents if a classic kettle is going to be over 2 bills asking price it needs to be mint or NIB.  Again just my thoughts on it.  I will also say that while Troy said there is no threadcrapping, if someone feels a grill is worth an asking price of over $5,000 they need to be able to back up the load of comments that will be asked about it and how to justify the asking price.  This is completely different than the other thread where people questioned the motives of a person selling a grill on ebay.  One is question the justification of the price, the other is questioning the persons motives.    Back to this kettle, while I wouldn't mind owning a chestnut copper tone, I would never spend over $1000 for a kettle(I have kids going to college soon).  All that said, @CustomKettle  you may want to also point out with more pictures that this kettle does have a hole in the bowl which for some people can impact the price and what someone is willing to pay.  It is always good to disclose these things as the buyer would probably want to know this when dropping $1250 on the grill.  Good
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:08:27 PM by GrillGiant »
Grill on! and Go CUBBIES!!!

CustomKettle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 09:09:20 PM »
I think I'm just going to keep this grill. It will be cooking up some fantastic prime ribs, etc, for years to come. I'm sure it will be the best looking grill in town, too. Couple pin holes and all! Sorry to waste your time. I'm also pretty sure I'll never sell another old grill again. Too much stress for me, and I definitely did it wrong. I should have just chose someone like I did for the Custom. That was a great experience, @Cellar2ful!

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2019, 11:20:11 PM »
I think I'm just going to keep this grill. It will be cooking up some fantastic prime ribs, etc, for years to come. I'm sure it will be the best looking grill in town, too. Couple pin holes and all! Sorry to waste your time. I'm also pretty sure I'll never sell another old grill again. Too much stress for me, and I definitely did it wrong. I should have just chose someone like I did for the Custom. That was a great experience, @Cellar2ful!
This!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2019, 03:46:16 AM »

Rick,

I think this is a good choice, my inquiries about the grill were not meant at all to stress you out I was just trying to draw some clarification on what is being sold.  Everyone has a right to ask what they want for a grill and a chestnut coppertone is something that people seek.  However an initial number north of 5 bills will certainly get some raised eyebrows and some asking for clarification and justification.  @ $1280 it is enough money for people to asked and want detailed pics with all flaws highlighted.  Ultimately, the best way to determine value is to throw it on ebay, only issue there is I have seen the same type grill go for $150 and then $800.  It is extremely subjective.  Enjoy your grill and love it.