Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: So what's next?  (Read 14654 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: So what's next?
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 02:33:05 AM »

In looking for snakes & fuses, I found this:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-socket-repair/msg15802/#msg15802

FinkFarm's Socket Repair.......needs to go in technical reference
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2014, 07:45:53 AM »
Wrap single word searches in quotes. That should help.

It did not.  Did a search for STOK today and it turned up a ton of stoked results.  I searched for "STOK" and got the same exact results.
Guess it's just something Buckie and I will have to deal with.  Yup, first world problems.  lol
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2014, 08:56:39 PM »
Wrap single word searches in quotes. That should help.

It did not.  Did a search for STOK today and it turned up a ton of stoked results.  I searched for "STOK" and got the same exact results.
Guess it's just something Buckie and I will have to deal with.  Yup, first world problems.  lol

damn. i tried to tweak it and find work arounds - but the search just sucks :(

I would advise using google with the site: command.
go to google, search for site:weberkettleclub.com STOK and you'll get some pretty good results :)

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2014, 03:16:37 AM »
How about a wiki, since there's so much trivia that's hard to keep track of. For those who don't know what a wiki is, think of an encyclopedia that everyone can contribute to, and each page has a discussion page to it so people can collaborate with new info, debate, etc.

So, for instance, if I wanted to know what years the Westerner was produced, I could type it into the wiki search instead of trying to search the forum or ask in the forums when I'm sure it's been discussed *somewhere* before.

You could search the wiki for Weber part numbers to see references such as 'this was discontinued and replaced with this part number, which introduced this improvement' or restoration subjects like grate rust removal methods.

This would be especially awesome for the rare stuff, like the Wishing Well or Barrel Bar-B-Q.

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

AJ328

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 05:56:11 PM »
So I know I'm a new guy here and should probably but out and dry out behind the ears before I go making "suggestions," but I have to second an earlier suggestion about the topics. I think dividing up recipes by Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, fish, dessert, etc, then have a different section for "tips and techniques" and then "Pron" for just the stuff that looks amazing.

I think this would greatly enhance the utility of the site.  :)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2014, 06:41:36 PM »

It actually was originally set up like this:

"recipes by Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, fish, dessert, etc," & some of the sections got very little traffic.....at this point with more people, it might be different.......any input from anyone is always welcome, maybe esp. 'new guys' !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Shreveporter

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2014, 04:05:10 AM »
Too new to give helpful feedback.  But just wanted to thank all the contributors and let you know how meaningful this site is for newbies.  A big thank you for all your hard work, time and dedication to sharing your knowledge.