Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Accessories  (Read 1554 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Accessories
« on: October 11, 2012, 03:33:45 PM »
Maybe this is the right forum, I'm reorganizing my cooking area and filled up a storage box with turners, tongs and such. Turns out that when you've got them all gathered in one spot it makes a pretty big pile. I counted four turners, three tongs and more metal skewers than I want to count, of course theres just a couple that I use regularly. I'm here for support people, you can't own multiple grills and just own one spatula can you?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Accessories
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 04:39:48 PM »
I think you can have as many tools as your situation dictates....

My normal set is:

1 tweezers for charcoal
2 tweezers for food, 1 for raw, 1 for cooked / cooking ( sometimes two for cooked )
 One big very wide spatula

these are at general center of however many kettles I'm running....

Cutting boards, 2 or 3 depending on qty. of food

2 or 3 different types of knives, I don't use expensive, cause I wail on stuff, fast & furious, sometimes

Also have a canvas satchel w/ grate hooks, meat hooks, therms, lighters, misc. whatnot
~~> This sits in a box along with a simple saucepot, some basic seasoning & some small slats of wood for levelling kettles....
This is 'cause at least half the time I'm goin' mobile for at least a portion of the cooking

It really depends on if you move around quickly & carry your tools as you cook or are more even, metered & maybe leisurely....

Short answer: a lot of spatulas may just be a matter of style....

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Accessories
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »
i have 4 or 5 of the exact same tongs
2 spatulas

they used to always be scattered (and often left outside, dirty)
nowadays they're neatly organized on the magnetic holders i installed in my pantry.