Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked Chicken and Spinach Pizza  (Read 3562 times)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Smoked Chicken and Spinach Pizza
« on: July 03, 2012, 03:17:52 AM »
I had a chicken thawed out and couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it. Cathryn said 'pizza' Daddy!.  I went to Domino's to get some dough, $1 for a large dough patty used to make their large pizza.  Great deal, I bought 9, used 2 and froze the rest. They even gave us some boxes and the dough turned out great! 

Put the chicken on indirect with one chunk of applewood and let it roll for one hour.  Pulled all the chicken and cooled quickly on a pan in the freezer.

Time to begin building the pizza.  I stretched out the dough to fit the area I had available on my grill, more of an oblong shape than round.

Sauced.

Cathryn's pizza - mozzarella, fresh garlic, fresh baby spinach and of course chicken.

Indirect directly on the grates.

Cat's pizza is ready.

My pizza now, chicken, fresh garlic, fresh baby spinach, provolone, mozzarella and red pepper flakes.

Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Smoked Chicken and Spinach Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:19:07 AM »
Man Larry! You nailed those pies! Like I said before I have been scared to death about putting them directly on the grill. I think I can give it a shot now. Excellent pies! :D

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:23:51 AM »
approximately how long does the pizza stay on?  Is it completely a visual thing as to when you take it off? Is the crust nice and crispy?
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:38:48 AM »
Man Larry! You nailed those pies! Like I said before I have been scared to death about putting them directly on the grill. I think I can give it a shot now. Excellent pies! :D

Nothing to it, you can do it Dookie!!

approximately how long does the pizza stay on?  Is it completely a visual thing as to when you take it off? Is the crust nice and crispy?

Yeah, more visual than anything.  I would guess about 10 minutes or so, enough time to drink 2 beers per pizza.  You can definitely do them hotter and faster.  I used to do them on my ceramic at 700º+, I don't notice any difference doing them lower on my kettle now.  I would guess my kettle last night was in the 450º range. Yeah buddy, that is the best thing about grilling pizzas is the crust.  Super crisp and you get that subtle smokey flavor too.
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot