Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: DC WeberFest on Columbus Day  (Read 1580 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
DC WeberFest on Columbus Day
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »
Well, it didn't have the scale or beauty of Ted's Meatapalooza (http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/meatapolozza/msg6597/#msg6597), but a few friends and I gathered our grills on Monday afternoon to make some smoke and cook up some stuff.  Highlights of the food included a smoked duck, chicken legs, grilled seafood salad, personal pizzas, smoked eggplant and tomato salad, Korean beef, and Polyface Farm burgers (if you read Omnivore's Dilemma, you might remember the author spending some time working on this farm located in central Virginia).  Afterward, one savvy buddy gathered up all of the leftover coals and roasted a chicken-- you gotta admire that kind of thrift and tenacity. 

Thanks to Ted and his crew for the inspiration.  Maybe someday our grill collection will be as impressive and colorful as his.  I definitely made a couple of converts by handing over the wheel of my ss Performer. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:59:52 PM by mike.stavlund »
One of the charcoal people.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: DC WeberFest on Columbus Day
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 08:23:11 PM »
Very nice Mike.  I love the colors.  Looks like your off to a good start.  I love these Weber inspired get togethers.  I don't know anyone else who cares as much as I do.  Other than the maniacs on this site.  I'm jealous you guys have a crew who is that into it....although the guy across the street is someone interested in what I'm up to....just not the same.

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
Re: DC WeberFest on Columbus Day
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 12:43:07 PM »
Thanks, for the shout out, Mike.  That's an awesome set up.  I just really NEED to add a wsm to my arsenal.  What a great way to spend any day.  When we started, it started the same way.  My ss performer is my go to and I love it.  It is great to have friends who are into grilling and Webers almost as much as me to bounce ideas off.