Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 50/50 Burgers  (Read 4052 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
50/50 Burgers
« on: March 08, 2014, 06:44:32 PM »
Half ground beef and half ground bacon=yummy and juicy!

If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
Re: 50/50 Burgers
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 06:52:17 PM »
We have a local butcher that does them...even throws cheddar in it too. Yummy stuff right there!
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »
We have been making our burgers 2:1 Ground beef:pork sausage.
Will have to give this a try!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 07:19:42 PM »
Man that has to taste good....very nice.

rwhinton

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 12:44:12 PM »
My butcher calls them squealers.
Performer /  New Jumbo Joe  /  Mini-WSM  /  WSM

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 01:45:36 PM »
My Wife was out of town all weekend so I got a chance to cook a few things differently that I normally would( Big thick patties)....and these burgers were one of them. I made up about 4 pounds of burger and only grilled up half so I get a chance to do them up again for her to try.....I think she will like them, I sure did. Juicy would be an understatement! Pretty simple idea and cheaper than getting them at a restaurant at some inflated price because they are "Gourmet "

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 05:03:32 AM »
Sounds awesome. How greasy were they? Did you have issues with them flaring up?
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 06:12:00 AM »
Not greasy, but very juicy. No I did not have any issues with flare ups.....I don't go overboard on fuel for these types of cooks and only go with a medium heat, but I was aware of the fat content being a risk for balls of fire. I just seared them a couple of minutes each side and then finished them indirect....no issues.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »

Real nice......those ARE "Gourmet" !!!!!

I'm with ya on the back off indirect & 'bake' a bit strategy.....works good, eh?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
When we usually do up some burgers on the Weber they are thinner patties, since my Wife was away I took the opportunity to make some thick burgers and there are 3 kinds of meat I won't eat unless well done....Chicken, sausage and burgers. I actually cook burgers until they reach 165 degrees internal ....I use my Thermapen to check. Nobody else in the house will eat them if they are not well done either . Burgers are probably the only thing I sear first and then go indirect ...a reverse- reverse sear. I will pack them a little tighter next time as they were very close to falling apart and I was concerned about working the burger too much and making it tough.....not sure if that is possible but all the chefs say it is....but in this case the burgers were very juicy and tender so I think it will be alright. ;D

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »
I don't know how many of you grind your own meat, but I got the grinder in the first picture for Christmas and have used it several times already and really love it. I have made Italian sausage, breakfast sausage and of course hamburgers. The first time I ground up burger it was Chuck steak, the next time it was chuck roast and this last time it was top round and bacon. I do think that the burgers are better when you grind the meat yourself, and not just because you know whats in it or that the meat can/should be more flavorful...but you can get a looser pack on the patties which can really make a difference in the texture and juicy department as well....and it is pretty cool to grind the meat too.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 06:39:28 AM »
That is one of those things that I would have no fun cleaning up afterwards. My FIL has a professional grade grinder if I really get experimental and I may have to after seeing those burgers but I just won't want to clean the thing! lol
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 06:21:52 PM »
The ease of cleanup was one of the reasons I wanted this particular grinder. Easy to assemble/take apart and easy to clean. The suction setup works great on a countertop as well.

petemid

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »
Hi, great looking burgers! Have you got the name of the grinder or a link please?

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave