Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Calzones  (Read 2620 times)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Calzones
« on: July 02, 2012, 01:53:29 PM »
Grilled up some hot and sweet Italian sausages, pepper and onion.

Didn't get any pictures of filling them, but they were filled with ricotta, mozzarella, peppers, onions and sausage.  Her's had ham as well.

Put them directly on the grates, well heated, cleaned and oiled.

These turned out absolutely fantastic, served with marinara sauce.  We used the frozen balls of New York Pizza dough and I'm not sure how hot the grill was, I'd guess around 400º.  They took about 3 beers to cook.......[/quote]
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Calzones
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »
looks amazing.

frozen dough balls?

I've seen frozen bread dough in 1lb balls - would that work?

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »
looks amazing.

frozen dough balls?

I've seen frozen bread dough in 1lb balls - would that work?

Yes, these were Real New York Pizza Dough brand name and they're very good.  Little on the pricey side.  I don't know if the bread dough would work or not, that's why I buy my dough!  LOL  I posted in another thread that tonight I'm making pizza and I got the dough from Dominos for $1 for the dough equivalent of a large pizza.  Can't beat the price, I'll let you know how it works later.
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 08:29:29 PM »
Larry,
Thats amazing, right on the grate. How long have you had your Craycorts? Do they just get better over time?
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 04:36:22 AM »
Larry,
Thats amazing, right on the grate. How long have you had your Craycorts? Do they just get better over time?

I've had them for a couple years.  If you care for them right, they'll last forever, I do not care for mine right though!! LOL  The one thing I don't like about them is if you cook anything sticky on them they will seize.  If you notice, two of mine have broken tines from me prying them up and then breaking.  I don't think they would break AT ALL, espcecially considering the limited amount of force I was using.  I'd give them a 7 out of 10, ten being the best.  But I've seen other people who I've sold them to years ago and theirs look brand new and they cook a lot!
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 07:07:34 AM »
I've had them for a couple years.  If you care for them right, they'll last forever, I do not care for mine right though!! LOL  The one thing I don't like about them is if you cook anything sticky on them they will seize.  If you notice, two of mine have broken tines from me prying them up and then breaking.  I don't think they would break AT ALL, espcecially considering the limited amount of force I was using.  I'd give them a 7 out of 10, ten being the best.  But I've seen other people who I've sold them to years ago and theirs look brand new and they cook a lot!

Won't they replace the broken ones? It may not be their fault, but they really shouldn't break. I also don't think it should hurt them to replace broken ones.

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 08:30:47 AM »

Won't they replace the broken ones? It may not be their fault, but they really shouldn't break. I also don't think it should hurt them to replace broken ones.

Before I started selling the CI Grates for Craycort, I had to make a stink to get mine replaced.  I now have replacements if I need them but do not sell them any longer.......
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

cgaengineer

• Smokey Joe
Calzones
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:25:46 PM »
Those look fantastic!

3 beers time you say...that could vary greatly depending on what beer I decide to drink!

cgaengineer

• Smokey Joe
Calzones
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 10:27:16 PM »
Dominoes will sell just pizza dough?