Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What if........  (Read 2675 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
What if........
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
We split this section:  "Weber Kettles & Accessories "

into "Kettles & Acessories"

and "Dating"  (no, not getting dates with other Weber fanatics, but date codes & identifing features
of the older models)

and "Rehab & Fixing" ( how to's for restoration, like Brian's how to remove and replace handles,
or the re-finishing of the nice old wood tables )

Maybe even an area for customized builds.....

Just a thought / suggestion, as the really juicy threads about fixing & dates kinda get lost in the shuffle & this site is a lot about older models' accquisition / restoration

Kettle pron has already been addressed elsewhere & if this seems like too much division,
then as is is fine, too !!!

~~~~>Ken

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:10:15 AM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

G$

• WKC Performer
Re: What if........
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 03:47:36 PM »
So I have a different opinion. Maybe it is just me, but I sorta like fewer sub-fora.

It keeps them more active, and folks may find things they did not know they were looking for. 

What I would like is some of the better posts that come along regarding restores and dating discussions and pictoral histories eventually get tutned in to web site articles independant of the forum.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »
i like the idea, but I don't want to create more sub categories until the forums are active enough to warrant it.

I may be able to implement some tags or something to group similar topics.

I also really like G's thoughts about article creation for the main site. That's been my vision all along.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 07:48:10 AM »
So I have a different opinion. Maybe it is just me, but I sorta like fewer sub-fora.

It keeps them more active, and folks may find things they did not know they were looking for. 

What I would like is some of the better posts that come along regarding restores and dating discussions and pictoral histories eventually get tutned in to web site articles independant of the forum.

That's a good way to look at it also !!!

Just had that thought & thought I would say something....

Maybe "Sticky" notes on the most prominent items, or the articles is way cool idea also.... :)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"