Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Crimson Red Comparison with 90s Red, '13 Brick Red, '14 Copper, '13 Green, and Black  (Read 7482 times)

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
So with all the recent discussions about how dull the new '14 Crimson Red and Copper looks, I wanted to see it for myself. I called around and 2 stores had them on display so I took my '90s 2-tone Red MT lid with me to do a side by side comparison. Mind you these pictures are taken under store fluorescent lighting and with an iPhone 5S. These new colors are definitely dull and doesn't have the polish look as the current stock of green, black, and '90s 2-tone red. See for yourselves. Notice how the fluorescent lighting reflections are not as defined and clear on the Crimson Red and Copper, but are very clear on the black, green, and 90s 2-tone red.  It was very noticeable in person and may not be well presented in these pictures.  When compared to the brick red Genesis, I personally like the finish of the brick red more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:42:23 PM by crumbsnatcher »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador

Thanks for that !!!!

One thing that looks real interesting is how tough the lid handle weld looks.....almost 'inset' into the bell......

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
That's not crimson, that's moron, I mean maroon.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Someone give crumbsnatcher a f'in medal for doing this. Outstanding work, mate!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
The only question that remains is.....Will the crimson red change color when heated by hot coals?

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
Fantastic work crumbsnatcher!  That matte finish is really apparent when compared to the red and black.

Craig

• WKC Mod
Nice work, Crumbsnatcher!

salad

• WKC Ranger
crumbsnatcher,did you get any sideways glances when you walked in there?

I know if I tried that around here, I'd have a few employees asking, "sir, can I help you?" which translates as "are you off your meds?".  Another thing that might happen is someone asking how much the shiny red kettle is. 
WTB 18 fruit

Troy

• Statesman
snatcher, you are my hero.

bthorn9435

• WKC Brave
It's 2014 and Weber cannot produce the iconic color that we all desire...sad! I was all set for a Crimson Performer until I saw these pictures. That red lid by the Crimson says everything. Guess my first Performer will be Black.
2013 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, 2007 Gen2 Performer w/Deep Ocean Blue Kettle Mod
68-70 Patent Pending 22.5 Daisy Wheel Red. 2021 Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. 2013 22.5 Black One Touch Gold
2021 Ivory Smokey Joe

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger

crumbsnatcher,did you get any sideways glances when you walked in there?

I know if I tried that around here, I'd have a few employees asking, "sir, can I help you?" which translates as "are you off your meds?".  Another thing that might happen is someone asking how much the shiny red kettle is.

Salad...I called the store and had a pretty good conversation with one of the sales person before taking my lid in for that comparison.  The sales guy even said the finish was dull and not like previous years. When I asked if I could bring my red MT lid in for comparison he said that wouldn't be a problem at all. The store was pretty busy so no one bothered me or gave me any funny looks when I was snapping my pictures. 

It was good to finally see the crimson red.  I find it interesting that the inside porcelain is shiny as it has always been despite the outside finish being dull.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
BTW, not sure if this is a national Ace hardware sale, but the Elliot's Ace in West Allis, WI has the 20% off sale on whatever you can fit into their brown paper bag. surprisingly this sale includes all Weber accessories. I bought a couple 22.5" premium covers and the SS flavorizor bars for my Spirit S-310 grill.

G

• WKC Ranger
Nice pick up crumbsnatcher...my Ace coupon specifically excluded Weber items. 

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger

Nice pick up crumbsnatcher...my Ace coupon specifically excluded Weber items.

Stu...mine said the same thing, but the store clerks said Weber accessories are fine. 

G

• WKC Ranger
May have to give that a shot.  Thanks for the heads up.