Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sunday Turds  (Read 1694 times)

Winz

• WKC Ranger
Sunday Turds
« on: February 09, 2014, 12:05:58 PM »
Going over to a friends house today and decided to make up some ABTs to take with. 

This is a copper I rescued recently, but have not had a chance to do a first cook yet.  Seems like a great opportunity to break in a new-to-me kettle

Since we are going low and slow, I did a mini-fuse with some applewood chunks for smoke.  I have found this setup to consistently cook in the 200 - 250 range while providing as much smoke as you want. 

Wrapped up some Turds using the method that Buckie recently detailed (thanks Buckie, it works great).  1/2 of the ABTs contained mini chicken sausages, the other half a cream cheese mixture.  To the cream cheese I added brown sugar, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, cracked black pepper, and coarsely ground coffee.

Since I wasn't using my SS Performer, I needed a stand to put my Thermoworks unit on.  A guitar stand was just the ticket.  Temp and 229 - perfect!  Let them go for a couple of hours.

Because it is cold and rainy in Norcal today, I had to add some briquets to the top of the fuse to get the temp up.

The copper performed well today on its maiden cook.

Cheers,

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Sunday Turds
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »

Lookin' Good, man.....

"and coarsely ground coffee."

.......gonna get all hopped up on 'Turds, I see........ 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Sunday Turds
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 08:40:12 PM »
MMMmm. Coffee and bacon.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC