Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken thighs smoked on cedar plank  (Read 1467 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Chicken thighs smoked on cedar plank
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:12:58 PM »
Leafing through the Bible Bbq Weber had always intrigued me this recipe and finally yesterday I took off the whim to be able to prepare and try.

ingredients:

4 boneless chicken thighs over
Cedar Plank
7 oz soy sauce
4 oz balsamic vinegar
0.2 oz sugar cane
1 garlic
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp cayenne chilli
4 tbls sesame oil (I used extra virgin olive oil )

First I prepared the glaze\marinade by combining the soy sauce , balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan and simmer until I did it was reduced by half for about 15 minutes, then I added the rest and I made it cool. I put a good portion of the marinade in a bag with thighs together and leave in the fridge an hour and a half, I kept the remaining marinade for glazing . After leaving the plank in water for an hour I put it in direct cooking for 6 minutes and then I turned around and put the chicken , I left another 5 minutes in direct and finally I moved in indirect for about 40 minutes The last 10 minutes .. I brushed with glaze boiling 2 times at regular intervals . When I removed from the fire the inside T was 179F , chicken presented with a browned crust outside while tender and juicy inside were very pleasant and not oversmoking and heavy icing pungent but somewhat sweet ... excellent preparation of secure visual effect but also by the particular taste and not annoying .. probably I will make them to friends for dinner! Thanks for reading....

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:31:37 PM by Prof. »
BBQ are never enough