Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WGA Year Identification?  (Read 1147 times)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
WGA Year Identification?
« on: January 05, 2014, 08:46:24 AM »
Happy New Year everyone!

I tried to search for this topic, but, was not successful.

A buddy of mine was kind enough to act as an agent on this one.
He picked it up near his hometown during the holidays. Paid $20. In fact, he almost kept it.
He turned 40 in December, so, I gave him my first ever kettle. It was a 2011 black 22 OTS purchased new from Lowe's.
I dropped it off to him yesterday, and he has already used it.  :D Another convert.  :) :)

Back to the WGA:
How do I determine the year on this?
It is clearly a Canadian issued model, as it has both english and french on the bottom label.

My main reason for wanting this was the fact that the handles are in excellent condition.
I want to swap out the handles on my blue OTG as they have the white plastic / nylon handles.
The unit looks like it was used once or twice. I initially was going to flip it. But, now I think I will keep it as a handy warmer.

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
Re: WGA Year Identification?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 05:21:01 PM »
Nice looking WGA!! Sorry I can't help you out with your question though.
Bill    Looking for a Yellow

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
Re: WGA Year Identification?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 09:41:03 AM »
I can't tell you for sure, but the handle material and staining put it as a late 80s/early 90's.

That's my opinion and self educated wild ass guess.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"