Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Raost & Sausage with veggies  (Read 1615 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Raost & Sausage with veggies
« on: December 16, 2013, 04:18:54 AM »
yesterday finally after several weeks of waiting in the fridge I had an opportunity to prepare a roast Argentina cube roll topped with gravy , accompanied by sausage meat and sausage with a side of grilled zucchini and eggplant and baked potatoes with chive yogurt and bacon.

Ingredients for roast
Cube roll 5.5lb
Rub :
1 cup olive oil
1 tbls Salt
1 tbls pepper
1 clove garlic
2 sprigs rosemary
4 sprigs thyme
4 dash Cayenne

Gravy Sauce :
1 onion
1 celery
1 carrot
meat scraps trimmed from the cube roll

Baked potatoes :
4 potatoes
2 cloves garlic
oil
salt
pepper
sage
chive
greek yogurt
bacon

smoking :
Pellets made from hickory and Jack Daniels for a good hour

First I started with a nice trimming the cube roll and then sprinkle with a little salt and leave it in an envelope with very little air in the refrigerator for 24 hours, the next day I prepared the rub to sprinkle over the roast combining and blending the ingredients and I still left in the fridge for 12 hours for the roast for flavor .
Yesterday morning I pulled out the meat to make it stand at room temperature for a couple of hours , I set the Performer for indirect cooking kettle and put in a pan with all the ingredients to make the gravy , when in T i put 6 cotechino sausages and 6 sausage meat , after 10 minutes I put the roast after 30 minutes I put the bag of potatoes. To make up the bag of potatoes I have worked in this way , I have taste buds and cut into quarters potatoes and I have over 4 sheets of aluminum 2 ft long , I salty peppery , put the garlic, chopped sage and one sheet at a I once formed a package by turning a quarter of the bag to each sheet. Finished bake all in 57 I turned on the q to grill the zucchini and eggplant and then the searing . The roast sausages and took 1 hour and a half to get to 104*F and pass in the first q for about 2 minutes for all 4 sides and in any case until it reaches 122*F interior while the sausages I left a half an hour in the beer instead of boiling the potatoes took about 1 hour before they became abundant soft . The cube roll I did it stand for 10 minutes before slicing and sprinkle with the gravy which I combined juices leaked at the time of cutting the potatoes and put them in a dish, sprinkled with greek yogurt , chives and bacon into small pieces .. the rest was already on the table . The roast was really great , tasty, savory, and no trace smoked to perfection and the gravy it was from God, the potatoes were fantastic , yogurt and bacon is balance each other and had a very distinctive taste that liked to all the sausages that we know well by now and all the eggplant and zucchini served me in case something went wrong .. luckily everything went well and even though I 'm crazy to manage everything I believe hyper satisfied the result. The only flaw that I noticed and I did the searing high to a T that allowed me to get you a hard crust and flavorful but the outer part was slightly overcooked than the inside .. the result was not affected but next time I'll keep a little ' lower the T q .
BBQ are never enough

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Re: Raost & Sausage with veggies
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 04:20:58 AM »

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:24:12 AM by Prof. »
BBQ are never enough

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 03:54:34 PM »
Looks great Prof!

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 08:37:09 AM »
Thanks mate..
BBQ are never enough

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »
Looked like it turned out excellent Prof!  Thanks for taking the time to post that for everyone to read!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 01:53:38 PM »
It was a really successful preparation .. thank you for reading! 😄
BBQ are never enough