Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Seville drive-by  (Read 7556 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Red Seville drive-by
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 07:49:37 PM »
The "Counting Cars" guy approach, or in this case "Counting Cookers"

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »
Kettle pickers. Roll up with a list of things you are lookin tO buy and ask if he doesnt mind showing you around.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 06:33:39 AM »
Great spot brother!  Well, I can't give you an estimate on what to offer but I'd try and do another drive-by when the roads clear up a little.  If they have it covered or not might give you a good gauge on how much they value that thing.  The ranger by my house is currently uncovered under a couple of inches of snow.  The guy just won't answer the door.
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

browntown

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 06:16:04 AM »
So.... What happened?

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 08:00:50 AM »
So.... What happened?

Nothing yet. Hoping to get back there this weekend. Crazy busy with work and the holidays... haven't had time to drop by yet.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

kako5256

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 08:26:13 PM »
The suspense is killing me!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 11:20:49 AM »
Don't mention anything about it being valuable or collectible. The guy will immediately begin to realize he has something of value and will demand big $$$. I would play up the angle of how this particular model has some personal sentimental value for you and try to get it that way. Also, as others have said, bring extra cash just in case. When all else fails, it might be the thing to persuade them, especially right before Christmas. Good luck Bob.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 04:57:31 AM »
You need to make up something like,  "my grandfather used to have one and he died and the family gave it away and I really was hoping to get another one back"  I've never seen any other one like it I don't know what it's worth,  blah blah blah

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 09:33:06 AM »
How awkward if the current owner is a WKC Grillfella. ???

Sent from another Galaxy using Mental Telepathy

If it breathes, we can cook it!

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »

Well its not mine nor Bob BQ or Ramsfan's  Any other Grillfellas in the Lou?  8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 06:06:11 AM »

Well its not mine nor Bob BQ or Ramsfan's  Any other Grillfellas in the Lou?  8)

I doubt it's a Grillfella's.... otherwise there would be detailed pics!  Hoping to drive by tomorrow, if I get a few minutes.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2013, 06:11:32 AM »

I doubt it's a Grillfella's.... otherwise there would be detailed pics!  Hoping to drive by tomorrow, if I get a few minutes.
Good luck as I hope you get it.  It will get the TLC it deserves.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
Was hoping to go ring the doorbell today, but my little man is sick... wound up staying home with him all day, while my wife and daughter finished up Christmas shopping. I went out tonight, and did a drive-by... there she stood, unprotected in the cold and rain  ???.  Porch light was on, but again, no car in the  driveway. Didn't think it would be terribly wise to ring the bell @ 9pm on a cold, rainy, dark night, so I held off. Tomorrow is Christmas @ the in-laws.  We'll see what next weekend brings.

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2013, 06:28:30 PM »
I like what Zavod has suggested as an approach. I might even enlist the aid of your wife in making the inquiry them... something along the lines of surprising her hubby for his birthday might work too.
Uncommon sense seeker

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 06:22:45 AM »
I like what Zavod has suggested as an approach. I might even enlist the aid of your wife in making the inquiry them... something along the lines of surprising her hubby for his birthday might work too.

Oh thats good!
Kettle collector AND cooker!