Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bored at work again.. Random question 2  (Read 2841 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Bored at work again.. Random question 2
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:41:10 AM »
Fridays are kinda boring, I work in a water lab and am mostly caught up and have down time between samples processing so... Does anyone still buy cookbooks or do you get most of your recipe inspiration from websites like this one? I've bought one cookbook in recent memory and that was the Grill Master one by Williams and Sonoma at Lowes this Summer and that was because the pron in it was soooo pretty. Before the net I really liked Smoke and Spice by the Jamison's , it's a classic BBQ book. So what else is on your bookshelf or in your bookmarks?

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
Re: Bored at work again.. Random question 2
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:46:58 AM »
We get most of our recipes from the net.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 09:11:09 AM »
I have a lot of the Cook's Illustrated books and mags. I've found the Grilling and Barbeque book to be pretty good. They use Weber Kettle grills and WSMs on many of their TV episodes too, so they must be really really smart.

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/bookstore/detail.asp?PID=279

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:17:50 AM »
Ive picked up a couple of their books too, we don't get them on our PBS though , wish we did. I really wish we would get John Folse back, loved to watch him cook in that "black iron pot".
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:19:33 AM by Eastex »

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 10:38:51 AM »
i have a couple cookbooks that i adore, but i get most of my ideas and recipes from the net