Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: scored a new unused weber fire pit  (Read 3194 times)

armpit

• Smokey Joe
Re: scored a new unused weber fire pit
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 10:38:01 AM »

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 10:51:14 AM »
Ok thanks I misunderstood I was thinking you meant sand in the heat shield don't I feel dumb. It was out of the box so I never saw the instructions about sand if the fire bowl as far as I can tell it hasn't hurt the porcelain but that seems like a good idea I'll have to pick up some sand 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBQ to live live to BBQ

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 05:12:10 PM »
I think it helps prevent crazing. At least I hope it does. I put it in mine.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 09:07:13 AM »
Congrats! We absolutely love ours. Not unlike the kettles, the lid on these fireplaces makes a significant difference over an open fire pit. With the lid on it seems to smoke less, radiate heat out the sides & just plain work better. I agree with the guys who say to use sand. It protects the porcelain, but the extra weight will also keep the fireplace from getting blown over in the wind. And you might check if Amazon still has the Weber covers for these. Last time I looked, they had one or two left.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 05:45:45 PM »
I have one of these that I bought new but have never used yet.  The instructions say to use sand to protect the bottom of the fire pit.  You don't want the porcelain on the bottom of the pit to crack.

To keep the sand from getting wet, just take off the round metal stand that holds the lid and place the lid directly down on the bottom.  That is also the way to put out the fire if you need to.

Wayne