Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sausage fest  (Read 2513 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Sausage fest
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »
The funniest of all the bbq meats, time to talk sausage. I guess the conversation could include hot dogs, brats, hot links and other varieties of sausage but I'm just wondering what are y'all's favorites? My current " commercial " variety is Conecuh from Alabama. They've recently expanded into some of the grocery stores in the eastern parts of  Texas. It's also the go to sausage used by Southern Living magazine in their recipes. They use regular pork casings in some of theirs but they also have a line that uses sheep casings that seem to have more pop to them. So what's your favorite?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Sausage fest
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 04:33:27 PM »
I like to grill up a side of hot italian sausage to do a mixed grill with chicken. I usually just get the fresh ones from the grocers meat case. Some are better than others.
I also like a hot link or Louisiana style sausage with ribs or pulled pork! Had some from Winco foods that I really liked, but can't recall the name. I guess that I will have to go get some more! ;)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 05:35:44 PM »
I prefer the homemade Chicken Provolone and Italian Garlic basil at one of the local sausage shops. Maybe we should take some pictures of the shops near us and tell about the sausages they sell. I will try on my next trip to one of them.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 03:57:49 AM »
Conecuh Sausage is the best.  I've had family in the area for many years.  They used their products since the 1940's.  Conecuh is Creek Indian meaning "land of cane".

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 07:28:37 AM »
chappell hill garlic or jalapeno.  kind of hard to find outside of houston, dfw, or austin.  good stuff tho. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:30:44 AM by MaxBobcat »

kako5256

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 01:05:53 PM »
These aren't fancy but my favo!!!
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 04:39:36 AM »
Johnsonville brats. Simmer them in cheap beer and onions until they're cooked, grill them to get some color on them and then back in the beer to hold (if needed.) Serve with yellow mustard, kraut and raw onions. Yum!
kettles, smokers...