Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picked up my new Copper OTG  (Read 6392 times)

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
Re: Picked up my new Copper OTG
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 05:27:05 AM »

Was the chipped of piece in the box?

I didn't check. I just boxed it back up and took it back.

esq3585

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 05:34:17 AM »
Another issue with mine was that the bowl has dents on the outside from the welding of the grill brackets but hey as long as it cooks good( and it does impressively), its not gonna be paraded down a catwalk after all

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 06:11:26 AM »
Wow esq, that's crazy there were so many imperfections on a new grill. Glad it cooks well, that's all that matters. But, I would still be pissed if I bought new and had so many cosmetic issues with the grill. It's not like they are cheap!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

esq3585

• WKC Brave
Re: Re: Picked up my new Copper OTG
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 06:47:48 AM »
Wow esq, that's crazy there were so many imperfections on a new grill. Glad it cooks well, that's all that matters. But, I would still be pissed if I bought new and had so many cosmetic issues with the grill. It's not like they are cheap!
The bowl doesn't bother me so much as you have to notice it in a certain light but the bare metal at the vents is a concern and u are right in saying they ain't cheap

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 06:59:48 AM »

I agree. If your buying this stuff brand new and paying "Weber" prices, it ought to be perfect. I would keep hounding them until they made it right, which I believe they will.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 07:26:53 AM »
Sigh....I was hoping that this new Copper OTG would look at least somehwat like the picture they released.  In their stock photo the finish looks super metallic and I thought that would be awesome.  Real world finish....not even close.  :-\

esq3585

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 07:43:09 AM »
Sigh....I was hoping that this new Copper OTG would look at least somehwat like the picture they released.  In their stock photo the finish looks super metallic and I thought that would be awesome.  Real world finish....not even close.  :-

More like this and with a different lid and bowl two tone in the shade

esq3585

• WKC Brave
Re: Re: Re: Picked up my new Copper OTG
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 07:53:15 AM »
Now has a wooden handle and looks so much better for it.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 08:23:22 AM »
The "matte" finishes for these new colors is pretty discouraging. So are the apparent quality issues.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »
The charcoal ring didn't fit very well either. It was almost the same size as the charcoal grate? I had to center the charcoal ring precisely dead center on the charcoal grate in order to make it stay. One slight shift in any direction and the charcoal ring would slide off the side of the charcoal grate. I might have to cut the charcoal ring and remove a small section and then reweld it to make it smaller.
I put my charcoal grate in with the outer ring on top. It holds the ring pretty well that way and allows slightly more space for the charcoal.
kettles, smokers...

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
The "matte" finishes for these new colors is pretty discouraging. So are the apparent quality issues.

Amen Jeff.  I believe Weber's stock photos are misleading.  I can tell you that my green Performer isn't this bright:

It's more of a dull or muted Army green:

Weber needs to do a better job representing the true color in their stock photos.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »
Those colors are photoshopped in, unfortunately. It allows all the stock photos to be the same except for the hue. Car companies do it too.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »
Another issue with mine was that the bowl has dents on the outside from the welding of the grill brackets but hey as long as it cooks good( and it does impressively), its not gonna be paraded down a catwalk after all

For the record I have old grills with this same kind of thing.   I would have called Weber customer service and got replacement parts for sure on that copper....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

esq3585

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 05:07:33 AM »

For the record I have old grills with this same kind of thing.   I would have called Weber customer service and got replacement parts for sure on that copper....
Contacted Weber today, new bowl being shipped this afternoon, top notch customer service.