Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Scored - Weber Genesis Platinum C  (Read 7520 times)

Hottuna

• Smokey Joe
    • Amazon Outdoors
Scored - Weber Genesis Platinum C
« on: November 04, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »
Hi
I know this is a kettle club, but I thought I would share this anyway

Scored this beut little gasser, I cannot believe how good these units are made, grills stainless, flavorisers stainless, burners stainless even the trolley frame is stainless steel!!

Its been well kept and not used a lot, the bottom drip tray , plates and grills are as clean as a whistle!! it even came with a few accessories - paid $150

Anyone know the age? I was told its a 2008 model but not too sure

Got it home last night and i was immediately into it.
Fired up first press of the ignition
Ive just contacted weber for a couple of parts it needs, mainly the bottom trolley "tray" as its shot (rusty)
Dan

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Scored - Weber Genesis Platinum C
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »
Very nice!

Get the serial number. That'll get you the year. Weber CS might even be able to tell you when it was sold.

It's great to run across one of those barely used ones.

Dude, relax your chicken.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 03:51:59 PM »
You will love it. It gets HOT! I made the dumb decision to sell mine and buy a new s-330 to make more room on my deck. While the s-330 is great the older one got much hotter for searing.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
Scored - Weber Genesis Platinum C
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 04:13:59 PM »
That baby is pretty! Enjoy!!
A Wonderful Family!!!

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 04:25:54 PM »
Congrats Tuna!

You will love it. It gets HOT! I made the dumb decision to sell mine and buy a new s-330 to make more room on my deck. While the s-330 is great the older one got much hotter for searing.

I lucked into a free Silver C in great condition a few weeks back, and I am also impressed by how quickly it heats up and how hot it gets. It also works well at a low temp, as I'm currently using it to dry out my crop of cayenne peppers... it's been sitting steady at around 170 degrees since this morning. Nice outdoor oven.
Uncommon sense seeker

salad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 10:03:43 PM »
Man, you had me at the giant spatula! 
Nice gasser too.  That's a whole lot of SS.  Clean.  Plus, bonus fish basket.
WTB 18 fruit

JayCee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 10:57:04 PM »
Well done! I saw this on either Ebay or Gumtree (can't remember which one) and I thought it was a good buy. Always good to have a gasser with the amount of total fire bans we've had lately.

kako5256

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 02:18:38 AM »
Nice score. I have gassers too and the three burner genesis models are a great workhorse. I scored a free summit gold but I still cool on my genesis quite often. It does get HOT!!!
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 04:00:25 AM »
nice score......i've been scouring craigslist on a daily basis waiting for a 3-burner with side burner Genesis to pop up locally.  I love my charcoal, but the wifey is more comfortable having a gasser readily available when I'm not home to fire up the kettles.  We have a Q100 that has been doing the job, but it would be nice to have some more flexibility.  I prefer the older ones with the wooden countertops, but I would not have passed that one up for the price.
-Keith

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 04:17:18 AM »
nice score......i've been scouring craigslist on a daily basis waiting for a 3-burner with side burner Genesis to pop up locally.  I love my charcoal, but the wifey is more comfortable having a gasser readily available when I'm not home to fire up the kettles.  We have a Q100 that has been doing the job, but it would be nice to have some more flexibility.  I prefer the older ones with the wooden countertops, but I would not have passed that one up for the price.

they're out there. I come across them a lot. I've got a bunch of parts for the wood Genesis especially. Let me know if you ever need any parts or need me to agent one here for you.

Here's mine. Love this grill.

Another one I just finished.

NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 05:41:30 AM »
Those are both beautiful.  To be honest, I really haven't been looking that long.  I've passed up a few great Genesis deals on ones with the thermoplastic countertops, but haven't found the right deal on a woody yet.  They have either been way too expensive for what they are, or completely trashed.  Also, after my experience with the thermoplastic tables on my One Touch Platinum kettle and my buddy's new performer, I'm not really impressed with them.  They are plenty durable, but are damn near impossible to keep clean and unstained.  Nothing beats the good old wood from the early Genesis models and the Stainless Steel of the old SS performers
-Keith

Hottuna

• Smokey Joe
    • Amazon Outdoors
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
Man, you had me at the giant spatula! 
Nice gasser too.  That's a whole lot of SS.  Clean.  Plus, bonus fish basket.

I love the giant spatula - looking forward to putting it to good use.

Its does get hot!

Last night I cooked up some New York Steaks and they turned out fantastic.
Cleans up easy too.

tattooedant - Those are in great condition , fortunately my side tables have a SS insert which is more durable than plastic.

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 02:43:53 PM »
Where in the HELL did you get that spatula? Oh, and nice pick up!

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 02:44:46 PM »

they're out there. I come across them a lot. I've got a bunch of parts for the wood Genesis especially. Let me know if you ever need any parts or need me to agent one here for you.

Here's mine. Love this grill.

Another one I just finished.

Ant,

Those look great.  Did you keep both of them?

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 02:47:47 PM »
Only the green one is my keeper... Just sold the red one today.
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)