Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picked up a freebie today because it said it had a rotisserie. Ended up with...  (Read 6905 times)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
unless you have a 26.75" kettle with Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring the cradle is only good on that free gasser-

just sayin'

I know you have tons of experience working woth these, but isn't the 9891 for gas grills the same size as the 9890 used on the Kettle Roti?
Just askin'  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

kako5256

• WKC Brave
Picked up a freebie today because it said it had a rotisserie. Ended up with...
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 06:56:31 AM »

unless you have a 26.75" kettle with Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring the cradle is only good on that free gasser-

just sayin'

You are almost right... It will fit ALL my free gassers. (Evil/Sinister Laugh)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

swamprb

• WKC Performer

just sayin'

I know you have tons of experience working woth these, but isn't the 9891 for gas grills the same size as the 9890 used on the Kettle Roti?
Just askin'  8)

I'm not sure which model # spit rod fits the rotis ring. But here are some pics of the 8" EZ-Que cradle next to the Weber 9891 for the Genesis gasser.

When I bought my EZ-Que ring and 8" cradle, the 6" was on backorder, and they went out of business so I never got one to fit the kettle.

And being the cheap ass that I am, I've gotten a couple grills that came with the 9891 and finally broke down and had one shortened to fit, and glad I did, they work great!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

kako5256

• WKC Brave

just sayin'

Just askin'  8)

I'm not sure which model # spit rod fits the rotis ring. But here are some pics of the 8" EZ-Que cradle next to the Weber 9891 for the Genesis gasser.

When I bought my EZ-Que ring and 8" cradle, the 6" was on backorder, and they went out of business so I never got one to fit the kettle.

And being the cheap ass that I am, I've gotten a couple grills that came with the 9891 and finally broke down and had one shortened to fit, and glad I did, they work great!

I LOVE THIS SITE!!! How did you shorten the two recessed rods?
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

kako5256

• WKC Brave
I'm guessing shorten the non recessed side or flip it over?

kako5256

• WKC Brave
Picked up a freebie today because it said it had a rotisserie. Ended up with...
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 08:11:35 AM »

just sayin'

Just askin'  8)

It's bigger. But bigger is always better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swamprb

• WKC Performer
I'm guessing shorten the non recessed side or flip it over?

Yeah, I cut the all the rods on one end and drilled out the spot welds and then just cut the recessed rod on the opposite side and shortened it to fit. A local fab shop did the spot welds.

I've picked up 2 free grills myself with the 9891 rotis and bought another one for $20.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!