Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New question (no pics at all)  (Read 16088 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Re: New question (no pics at all)
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »
What if we started a market within each town we live in?
That way the kettles stay local, there's no shipping and everyone's happy
Kinda like a farmers market
http://youtu.be/afY4v0y4fL4

Is that Golly at the beginning with the set of grapes on his head?  ;D

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2013, 07:20:31 PM »
What if we started a market within each town we live in?
That way the kettles stay local, there's no shipping and everyone's happy
Kinda like a farmers market
http://youtu.be/afY4v0y4fL4

Is that Golly at the beginning with the set of grapes on his head?  ;D

i was trying to keep that as a secret from the wkc but it looks like the cat is out of the bag

ps im sorry for lying :o :P
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2013, 07:26:17 PM »
ihave an idea on how to solve the grail kettle ettiquette poaching or whatever its called

simple really

all rare grills MUST be shipped to OZ for authenticity before anyone can express interest in them

and jeff you are first on the list with the imperial and then you stephen with the limey  :P :P

see that too easy, look no fighting over grill grails anymore

ps once grills are in oz all corespondence will be ignored
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »
As the sole member (so far) of the Nebraska chapter of the WKC, I've noticed the changes that have happened in the "market place' for these kettles just over the last year like everyone else. Do I like what is happening? No. Can I control it? No. Can all of us control it? Maybe but it is a process. We all have our methods and preferences for how to deal with grill sales. Full disclosure, my "preference" read "Craig's ideal world of unicorns and lollipops" is that the members of the WKC get first crack at a grill or grail that is being sold by a member here, then if no one bites or a deal can't be made or an agreement cant be reached, then of course try the open market (CL or Ebay). Now.......HAVING SAID THAT...... That is just MY personal preference. It is NOT law, it is NOT something I will measure a member's loyalty on if they choose to go open market first. After all, it is a free country (& God willing, hopefully will remain so during our lifetime) so anyone that makes a decision to sell a grill or grail or whatever, regardless of the method is the personal CHOICE of the seller. If it's a grill that I really want and if I ever see it on ebay , and if its from one of our own, of course I may contact the seller, see if they want to make a deal, if they decline and want the auction to run its course, then that is their decision. I will respect that decision, if it's something I want badly enough, I'd better bring my wallet's "A" game. However, I don't have that luxury most of the time. So I defer to my fellow members in the WKC who may have the means to get it and root for a fellow member to win and hope it stays in the club. At the end of the day, I don't think less of a fellow member just because they chose to put something on the public market. I may disagree with the method, but most importantly, at the end of the day, I still respect the person. After all, we are Grillfellas first!  There's always another deal that can be made down the road>> I tell myself and that has happened. I've passed on several grills that I have wanted either because the timing wasn't right or I just couldn't close the deal at the time. Some of those grills (no the exact ones, but others like it) I have eventually gotten. Other times, several fellow members have been kind enough and patient enough to work with me down the road when the timing was right. Did they have to? Absolutely not! They could have moved on to the next person, but they were kind enough to work with me and for that I am truly & forever  greatful! I hope to return the favor in the future. If they did move on to the next guy in line, I don't and would not hold it against them. It's their property to own, sell, move or hold as they see fit. All i'm saying is I have my opinion on the matter, you just read it, and what ever happens will happen. I say again, I am here for the purpose of talking about Weber kettles with like minded individuals. Studying the differences, stories, and history of this brand. Yes I am slowly building a collection, but it's at my personal pace. Some of us collect quicker than others and that's perfectly ok. Oh and I cook on most of mine, IMO that's what there meant for. Yes I reserve one as a looker only, but if someone else has 20 lookers and 4 cookers, that's their prerogative. I don't judge, I just perve.  ;)

Thank You!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:42:47 PM by Craig »

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2013, 03:46:56 AM »
Good lord, I leave to go enjoy some jack and bbq and the shit hits the fan! Just let things go and we can evolve as a site naturally. Spend less time trying to not be another site, just be our site!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.