Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I have a question (not pic heavy)  (Read 3214 times)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
I have a question (not pic heavy)
« on: October 18, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »
So lately I keep seeing these posts that have a title....then they say in parenthesis (Pic heavy)  Why are we saying this?  Is there some situation where I'm not going to click on something because of so many pics?  Are people still on dial up and they just may not want to click on the thread and they need to be warned?  Do those sucky Iphones have problems with the pictures?  Is the warning for those who may only have a minute to look and they may want to take more time?  Like "hey you better take this one into the crapper because your gonna be here an extra long time with all these pictures?"  Not sure why the warnings....I'm mad when they are not pic heavy....Can you please label them as not pic heavy, so I won't bother looking at it?    How come none say (pic medium)?
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I have a question (not pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 07:12:03 PM »
  How come none say (pic medium)?

I said "pic medium" somewhere....a long time ago.......or maybe it was on another forum...... 8)

Some people like pictures, some people it doesn't matter so much............

How about:

0~3 = not pic heavy

4~7 = pic medium

9 & up = pic heavy ( as in....tons of juicy food pr0n or an entire Perfomer SS re-build, from the ground up )
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:18:57 PM »
Not everyone in the US has access to high speed Internet. My son used to live outside a small town in MI and there was no cable or fiber to their house. The best they could get was a 3G MiFi from Verizon. Luckily they were line of sight to a cell tower but when it was shared between several family members it got slow. And they paid for bandwidth. They might want to know. Anyone traveling and using hotel WiFi might be interested as well.
kettles, smokers...

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 07:56:28 PM »
I live in one of those areas, no DSL no cable and surely no google fiber. I finally got a decent connection using exede satellite internet. Still limited on bandwidth but I do get unlimited from 12-5am which is how I upload and download photos and videos for weddings. But most of these threads aren't eating data. Really outside of streaming video/audio there's no reason to worry.

Brian the iphone isn't that bad, extremely locked down yes. I do miss roms, themes and especially widgets. I'm getting the itch to switch back though, once kit Kat drops the urge may take over and I will sell the iPhone. After 13 androids and selling them day in and day out for tmobile I wanted a change. Ios7 has solved some of my complaints though. Even jailbroken and iPhone is still fairly locked down. I do have my nexus 10 I use all the time though.

This is me two years ago android Superuser beanie probably in my got root? Shirt and my sliver B.

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 10:08:09 PM »
So we are doing this as a courtesy to Hank's Kid back in the day, and those who are traveling in hotels?  I'm just trying to understand....

Oh and I work For Motorola so the crummy little iphone can suck me....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:10:36 PM by zavod44 »

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 03:23:58 AM »
Who pissed in your Cheerios sir?
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 04:18:19 AM »
So we are doing this as a courtesy to Hank's Kid back in the day, and those who are traveling in hotels?  I'm just trying to understand....

Might it possibly occur to those who wonder that it might be  that people would WANT to look because there were a lot of pictures?

Kinda becomes a bowl half full / bowl half empty (of pissed on Cheerios ) kind of thing........ :o

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 05:06:04 AM »
I take it I should go Droid next April when my contract on the iPhone is up?

The pic heavy warning reminds me of how we used to get scolded elsewhere for posting too many or too large a picture. Maybe it's force of habit for some.. not sure.

Hey Brian, I'll send you my iPhone so you can go "Office Space printer" on it for a red 26"er..... ;D

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »
Alright ... next time I'll use ... Pic 'Sumo' ... or ... Pic 'Oprah' ... or ... Pic 'Fat B@stard' .. or ....  ;) ;D ;)

GO LEAFS GO
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 10:44:15 PM »
I still think that pics make every thread better. Like this one:
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 06:54:09 AM »

Yeah, and this one.................

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 07:24:05 PM »
I'm not mad I'm just curious. I'll piss on Landgrafts corn flakes....Oh and Craig, if I was you I would go get the Moto X, voted best smartphone....customizable 2000 different ways.....I agree with buckie I want the pics, not of those guys junk, but I do like the kitties, no warnings please
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:25:44 PM by zavod44 »

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »

i work for motortrend, and the iphone can suck me too
(is there an app for that?)