Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I gotta vent. But I can handle it.  (Read 6923 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: I gotta vent. But I can handle it.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »
I would love to see a full beauty shot of that D vent. It might just be The One The Only D-vent Weber we'll ever see.

Marty, do you think my "D" vent is a D?(not normal stamp position) I was thinking demo? It is a MBH, large vents top and bottom, twist ash.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »
Yellow was gone by 1982 and not shown in the 1978 catalog. Given its lid vent style, ash pan and color I'm thinking a 1977 kettle that may have been a demo.....  :-\ 

When you can, (I know you've shown it before) but I'd love to see more.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 07:14:52 PM »
Yellow was gone by 1982 and not shown in the 1978 catalog. Given its lid vent style, ash pan and color I'm thinking a 1977 kettle that may have been a demo.....  :-\ 

I will, needs a better cleaning. My first grills didn't get the full treatment...me bad :( I need to walk through my original Itis pick ups. Craig what will help for identification? As we are finding out, records for identification are best here.

G$

• WKC Performer
Re: Re: I gotta vent. But I can handle it.
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
I like how you guys all keep tabs on your vents and handles. Haha, get it?

Riveting, isn't it?

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 09:35:53 PM »

I will, needs a better cleaning. My first grills didn't get the full treatment...me bad :( I need to walk through my original Itis pick ups. Craig what will help for identification? As we are finding out, records for identification are best here.
No worries. I'll perve a dirty yellow.  Show us the bowl, vents, wheels, the whole shootin match.  ;) 

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 04:39:09 AM »

No worries. I'll perve a dirty yellow.  Show us the bowl, vents, wheels, the whole shootin match.  ;)

Will do! Not as pretty as Gollys though.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 06:17:44 AM »
Finally got the handles on the Blue.  Replace that plastic handle in the OP with this one!

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 05:39:48 PM »
The Red Beach House PAT PENDING:

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 07:07:20 PM »
As the "red man" here may I say outstanding? That's just a fine work of art!